ANYONE ELSE TAKE 6+ hours to get a few miles home

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

What can I say about the British and a little bit of snow. Useless is the nicest way to put it.
    To be fair we don't have to use winter tyres ( and I ain't got them either)...but surely we have COMMON SENSE ??
    Nope...well here are a couple of tips...if your drivin in this shit, use 2nd gear, if your going to brake do it it really gradually...ie: over 20mph in black ice is just fucking plain dumb. And HILLS..yes you all fucked up there didn't you, I saw....its simple...use 2nd gear get up to about 18-20 mph, and then don't slow down or speed up, unless u absolutley have to.

Other thing was the way people sat in their cars waiting for someone to sort it....whilst others got out and helps stranded cars with a push and ting. Big props to teh heplful friendly people...and ha ha to teh dick heads who got all moody....special big up to my so called mate who I texted, tehy say they at home, I say stuck in bracknell..tried to get out twice but all teh hills are blocked by stranded vehicles...phoen to ask to come round and the fucker blanks it. ...wait till your on fire chum, I'll piss NEXT TO YOU , but not on you......rant over xxx

2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I woke up an hour ago and thought there is no way I'm going out there. The fruit and veg is gunna have to be replinished another day.

3. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Usually takes me 10 mins to get home from town, took 1.5 hours today :D

I need to get into London for tomorrow night though, hope it all clears up by tomorrow afternoon

4. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

U LUCKY FUCKER...WAHT makes it worse is.....I HAD A DAY OFF COS I HAD TO GO TO A DRIVER AWARENESS (SPEEDER) COURSE...AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT FOR TAKING THE PISS !!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHH ..( but I didi have the group in stitches a couple of times, so it was nearly worth it)

5. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

I don't have a car.
    But no doubt if i did, i'd gladly go on a runabout in today's weather.
    No snow, just a little ice (that was gritted almost immediately) and some rain.

Fuckers didn't grit the pavement though. I had to go up the road which usually takes me 10 minutes at most.
    Today it took me half a fucking hour. For some fags and a loaf of cunting bread.

I looked like fucking Bamby walking/sliding down teh hill on the way to mine earlier.

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

i got stuck up a hill yesterday because some twat couldnt use his car properly, if he was stuck in the middle of the road i could have gone right past him, however i had to break, and lost all momentum and couldnt get up it. irritating as fuck and wasted another 20 minutes sliding around finding an alternative route

7. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

My mate gave me a lift home from work which is about 2 miles... it took us an hour!

We got stuck behind a RW drive BMW which was sliding all over the place!

8. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

Usually takes me 5minutes and it took me about 6-7 at most.

Step mum got home at 11.30 though, she drives to Heathrow back to Essex. Long!

Mega snowed up here as well, Im lucky my boss let me leave as soon as it got bad cos we got a massive hill outside work, also Radius I wouldnt go up to 20 in 2nd up a hill!!! Wheels will spin like mad, 3rd or 4th deffo

9. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Rear wheel drive + Ice + Empty car parks = WIN

:D

10. dnb in ya face

You know that! I've only got a front wheel drive but still reeks of win.

5mph drifting :D

Someone left me a reputation saying "Grow Up" when I said this is my idea of fun. Gays

11. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yup, thats gay alright. when the lake froze over in sweden wed go there with my mates volvo and tear shit up

12. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

its all cleared up in my part of kent, just a few bits of snow. but th past 3-4 days have been a joke. no trains, motorways chocablock, people abandoning cars.

what the fuck

theres countries like canada that live and operate efficiently in a climate much worse than this! we get 1 snow flake on the line and all the trains are cancelled, with no contingencys to get people to their destinations. pisses me off !

13. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

when i did a season snowboarding in canada, we would drive up to the hill every morning, which meant we had to get onto the freeway which involved drifting across it and into our lane. so crease.

until we did it in a VW camper, i thought it was gonna roll (possibly because i was baked out of my skull)

14. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

ended up walking from south kensington to queens road peckham!! nice 7 mile snow journey!!

15. dnb in ya face

Thats what Im talking about!!! :not_worth

16. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

:wave:

XXX

17. dnb in ya face

Oh I see, is that how it is then Moskit. :(

You sound like an old teacher of mine, being all old and telling young people having a "laugh" to grow up, just because he was old. :)

Turns out he was a fag. :D

18. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

:teeth:

Jokes mate, 2 pints at lunchtime makes me mischievous.

19. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Took some people at work 4/5 hours to get home so they booked a load of us in at a hotel for the night. Went there and had a meal on the company and drove home after the roads had cleared! suckerrrs

20. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Driving in this weather annoys the shit out of me, far too many clueless twats, I got stuck behind someone last year who thought the best approach for a really iced up steep hill was to slow right down and take it at about 10mph. Out my ways even worse, country roads and all that, theyre not actualy that bad to drive on, its just the tossers you come across that cant hack it and make it hard for everyone.