anyone else getting a bit tired of the same old drum pattern in jump up?

I'm sick of alot of Jump-Up full stop lol, atm im just listening mainly to Breakage, Ray Keith, DJ Vapour, Bladerunner, Jem-One, Blame (Flashback) and Calyx

im getting a bit tired of the same old boring pessimistic threads on here.

ooooh!

HANDBAG.jpg

wat, like.

16 bar intro
32 bar rinse out
16 bar break down
32 bar rinse out
end

?

nicely put bro.....

been saying this for over a month now.... same old boring shit...... slightly different rythem...... slightly differently effected bassline........ oooooohhhh such genius's........

and people on here insist on doing 90min of this shit..... aaarrrggghhh...... i like jump..... but lets face it.... 90min of the shit is soooo fukin boring........

Jump up is meant to make people jump.... if you play that shit constantly it loses its effect........ like if i kept slappin you in the face...... eventually you will get used to it...... where as if i slapped you in the face every now and then it will have a much better effect..........

prime example..... someone the other day asked me what do i dj??? well.... i said.... d'n'b of course....... and the bod said "nah... i mean... are you a jump-up dj or a neuro dark sorta dj"...... WHAT THE FUCK!!??? i proceeded to go nuts and tell him im a DRUM AND BASS DJ!!! THIS IS DRUM'N'BASS!!!

People need to stop this bullshit of "im a jump-up dj"........ too many narrow minded newbies to d'n'b right now..... all drawn to it coz jump-up sounds thugged and because its "cool" to like jump-up and not neuro..... hahaha! wankers!

Anyway! sorry.... kinda went off on one there!!

BRING BACK THE DRUM'N'BASS DJ!!

nicely put bro.....

been saying this for over a month now.... same old boring shit...... slightly different rythem...... slightly differently effected bassline........ oooooohhhh such genius's........

and people on here insist on doing 90min of this shit..... aaarrrggghhh...... i like jump..... but lets face it.... 90min of the shit is soooo fukin boring........

Jump up is meant to make people jump.... if you play that shit constantly it loses its effect........ like if i kept slappin you in the face...... eventually you will get used to it...... where as if i slapped you in the face every now and then it will have a much better effect..........

prime example..... someone the other day asked me what do i dj??? well.... i said.... d'n'b of course....... and the bod said "nah... i mean... are you a jump-up dj or a neuro dark sorta dj"...... WHAT THE FUCK!!??? i proceeded to go nuts and tell him im a DRUM AND BASS DJ!!! THIS IS DRUM'N'BASS!!!

People need to stop this bullshit of "im a jump-up dj"........ too many narrow minded newbies to d'n'b right now..... all drawn to it coz jump-up sounds thugged and because its "cool" to like jump-up and not neuro..... hahaha! wankers!

:word::word::word::word::word::word:

fo sho man. fo. fucking. sho.

nicely put bro.....

In the wise words of riisu:

this.

tbh i like jump up because of the raw electronic sounds it has, not because im a gstar or because its 'thugged' im very very far from that. i got in to dnb through listening to tunes like Ra (the original ofc), i still dig that old school jumpup vibe more so than the new one, i guess thats why im going off it a lot, all this new stuff jus sounds like reconstituted sound. guess thats why im really getting in to my soulful dnb now, who knows i might even like neuro one day, but i really doubt that.

nicely put bro.....

lol it's true it seems a lot of dnb heads think they're clever when they're actually quite ignorant

I weren't talking about the form I was talking about the kick and snare pattern but yeah riisu I know what you're saying. This isn't a pessimistic thread, I like jump up. It's just when you listen to it with more attentive ears it all starts to sound very similar, if that makes any sense.

IMO, ram racords have it just right when it comes to jump up still.

nicely put bro.....

Its pisses me of to no end! Its drum and bass FFS!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom