Anyone else find it easier to mix tracks when playing really loud?

Forau

VIP Junglist
Was just wondering if anyone shared the same experience.

Whenever i mix at stupid O'clock and have to keep the volume down, mixes turn out horrible when i listen back. But they always turn out pretty good if i got my amp on full.

Anyone have the same experience?
Whyd ya reckon it is?

Was just wondering if anyone shared the same experience.

Whenever i mix at stupid O'clock and have to keep the volume down, mixes turn out horrible when i listen back. But they always turn out pretty good if i got my amp on full.

Anyone have the same experience?
Whyd ya reckon it is?

When the volumes louder you get more bass so you can feel the kicks and snares more which helps you beat match (If that makes any sense)

I personally mix better with a decent set of headphones on but hate using them!

i find if its louder i generally mix abit better mainly cos wen its louder i get into it more

I only ever seem to mix loud these days.. the occasional times when i have a mix when the old dear is in bed nice and quiet i do tend to have it large with the 3 deck mixes, you can just hear everything alot cleaner.. But its not that great of a difference to when its loud

Depends really, I tend to have it fairly loud when I'm recording but I tend to make more minor slip ups. Whereas at my mates house he's got some fairly beasty speakers and I mix pretty spot on most of the time round there! Quieter is definitely harder though!

i have to wholeheartedly agree. last 8 months i have mostly just mixed in the headphones due to the only time i get to mix is when the missus and baby are asleep. n i clang like fuck. recently last couple of weeks ive found more opportunities during sociable hours to have a mix, so i turn it up reasonably loud and put the sub on a nice level and i havent really clanged any mixes since. definately makes a huge difference to me. i think as said before its due to being able to feel the kick and snare thumping which makes it a lot easier to beatmatch :) anyways LOUD FUCKING MIXES FOR THE WIN!

^ This, mixing quiet is a fucking pain.. Had to do it tonight and its well boring, plus it was clang central. You are not alone Dedbult!

YES! have to agree, dono why it is, but louder the better, maybe cus i just get into it more, and can hear the hits of the tune better? im not sure, but its true!

Back
Top Bottom