Anyone else done/does any martial arts??

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RocksteadyUK, Jan 20, 2012.

1. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Im a 1st Dan Black Belt in Aikido... and done a bit of Karate alongside it as they both work well with each other... ie... Karate for the attacks and Aikido for the defensive side. Kinda feeling to go back and get my 2nd Dan.... but cant ever be bothered these days.....

Heres a little vid of Steven Seagul doing a demo on Aikido way back when...

So... anyone else do any martial arts?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yup. i do flying background ninja with black and white pages, 45th dan of course. iga and koga both, i can fly a helicopter. throwing stars of course, sexy wife, big laser. then when i see a robbery i fly kick wayne. you do not challenge me i hope, as i can crush you by standing next to you in a crowd (you cant see me, thats part of my ninja) and then a plane crashes on your house. hap-ki-do, hwa-rang-do, penckack silat, i am also escrima master. i use it on the streets of bristol, make man tap on road.

$pyto likes this.
  3. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

i'm not going to join you in your steroid fuelled arm-flailing in white pyjamas. you make me sick.

4. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

I've heard about those Escrima Masters in Brizzle

..heard they can walk AND text at the same time. I mean, wtf man

5. logikz

i know right? mad skills. dont fuck with old st. nick. super fly.

6. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

You crack me up man!!

Escrima!?? isnt that the one where you fight with those breadstick looking things!? hahaha

hahahahahaha!

7. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I used to do Wing Chun Kung Fu and I grew up playing the Tekken games with my brother.

8. logikz

tekken one and two was the shit. dont remember if i ever played three.fuck playing eddie and fuck playing hwarang you hear me. people get good with those and thought they could beat anyone. 'getting good' in this case meaninig just mashing the buttons incessantly and winning. i would play the little chinese girl when ever someone chose hwrarang or eddie, cos of her 3d side stepping. and win too, which would be sooo money, cos its a little chinese girl thats shit difficult to play. playstation 2 those were the days eh. or they were days at least you have to admit to that. i liked that console is all i mean, that period in itself was fucking weird.

9. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Did Karate when I was really young never really took it serious tho, got to orange belt and fucked it off.

Started MMA last year, did it for 6 months and fell out of the routine of going. I did: BJJ (Gi and No-Gi), MMA (wrestling, kick boxing, etc..), Greco Roman Wrestling.

Gonna start going again this year, really good for fitness etc... The training is so fucking intense!

10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Nice!! Yeh... ive been looking into doing a bit of MMA.... but theres none near me... theres a Muay Thai school just down the road from me so might give that a go, but it all depends what the schools like really.... but i kinda want to do more aggresive stuff... be quite fun i reckon! haha

11. logikz

i see an increasing need for you to start practicing flying. your skills wont be complete without flying. no super hero is. and dont be a pussy and try and start from the ground, get up real high and itll come to you. soon as you take that step. its all or neither rocco whats it gonna be. also, set fire to your arse before going off the edge, and do swimming movements on the way down. itll amuse your friends no end, no end i tell you.

12. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha!!

like this!??

but on fire!? sounds like a good laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  13. pouloss

pouloss Member

Until fairly recently I was doing Capoeira, which is a great if you wanna learn some sick moves but its definitely not on the aggresive side of things.

14. logikz

yeah i figured as much. far as self defense goes spinning on your lips and doing backflips just wont help. buck knife and a .22 is more than enough if your aim is true. im a member of a shooting club.

15. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Capoeira's pretty cool man!! Im no where near flexible enough to be doing that shit though!! hahahahaah

16. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

There are quite a few good MMA gyms in London mate, not sure how close they are but I'll get the names of them if you want?

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

I guarentee half the people that do it these days could of said the same thing when they started

17. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

did a wing chung lesson once.... got taught a lesson by a 15 year old. I left even more of a pussy than already was. Load of bollocks anyway!!!!!

18. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah back in the day I trained in Muay Thai. Got pretty damn good at it, but to be honest I'm a pussy, and after having my nose broke for the 3rd time I decided to give it up lol! More recently I've been going to some Krav Maga classes which are intense as fook! look it up if you havnt heard of it!

19. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

we'll need mr. fletch when israel invades.
    [video=youtube_share;xhKjpdWyYMc]http://youtu.be/xhKjpdWyYMc[/video]

20. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

I've been thinking about doing akido recently since i came across it about a month ago. It seems like a good way of self defence as well as exercise. I particularly like the idea that it tries to minimises the amount of damage to the opponent and instead take them down and pin them in a variety of different ways till they admit defeat right? :D

Since your a black belt, do you honestly recommend it as a useful form of defence? I've heard around in akido demonstrations the person who comes in to attack purposely helps themselves flip over to make the attack look more effective. but then i've heard the argument that this is done to avoid injury to the person who gets attacked on.. e.g preventing them breaking there arm or something..

So whats your thoughts? I expect it is probably very useful. just would like to hear your take on things as you have the experience and knowledge (y)

I also did karate for a while when i was younger too. Might pick up where i left off.. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012