Anyone done or doing a Point Blank Course ?

billywhizz

E-MU !!!!!!
Yo
Just wondering if anyone has done or are doing a course at Point Blank.
Im interested in doing the DnB one in August, but I'm a bit skeptical at blowing that sort of money.

Anyone got any reviews ?
Cheers

If u have the money then just go for it..

I checked their website a few months ago and it really looks awesome, because u learn techniques and stuff but u also meet people and create a network and I assume this is very important if you wanna get in music business.
Its really expensive tho, but idk it just seems awesome. I'd love to do that.

Have previously done the ableton basic, ableton mixing and I'm now currently doing the ableton sound design. Have to say in my opinion they are hugely helpful, if you have the money definitely go for it.

You checked the Dnb Course Video ?
It does look sick, but I think il wait till there are some reviews for that specific course because it hasn't even started yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
what more could one ask for?making a tune with xtrah or zero t?if i had the cash i would defo do it!
a mate of mine that started making beats way after than i did was at point blank.he did the online thing and his tunes are tight now.
the downside is that i think he was taught to work in a certain way and hes like a one trick pony lol

All the information you need is available for free on forums and youtube videos

Spend your money on dope producing equipment instead :D

having done all the online cubase stuff with point blank I gotta say it made sense for me, but I started with no knowledge of production

unless you are planning on going there and getting direct feedback in person the online stuff isn't worth much

a local producer from seattle went to london and studied and his tunes are getting radio play, amazing production skills

I'm still considering going

I did the pointblank Cubase course which was very very helpful (Bit pissed they only offer 2 courses for Cubase but oh well) Really worth it if you have the money imo.

I'd suggest buying some decent equipment and spending lots of time learning how to use it.
I've met a few people who have done the courses at point blank and they all work in a certain way. Their production is quite similar as well even though they don't know each other.

@ sam the dnb man
@ Elzerk

Iv already got a little studio setup and been producing for a couple of years now, but iv mainly been lurking on Dubstep Forum thats why i haven't been posting round these parts :O

Anyone else gonna be on this course in August ?

Hi Guys,

Always good to see some healthy discussion around what we do.

The DnB Course is a brand new course for this year, for that reason we defintely feel it's one of the strongest we have ever developed. We've been developing online courses since 2007 so we've got a lot of experience, in developing this course in particular we devoted alot of resources to make sure it is at the highest standard possible. We also drafted in Zero T, Modified Motion, Data and of course Navigator to make sure that all the content is as up to date and relevant as possible, working with these guys has also enabled us to make sure we really get into the genre and give you a well rounded look at the production skills used in various styles.

I do hear you guys when you mention that there are lots of resourses avaiable for free on the net, however I think that where we stand out is the facty that you will be getting tailored one-to-one time with a professional producer working through your tracks with you and offering advice on what you can improve and how....there's a vid here which probably explains the concept better than i do...

If anyone's got any questions or if you want any more info then just let me know.

Cheers!

Luke PB

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd give this thread a kick up the arse to see if anyone has got some feedback on this course...

I still haven't got round to doing it yet lol, I have more or less got the money to do it now but I'm debating getting an Access Virus Snow instead

Thoughts ?

I thought I'd give this thread a kick up the arse to see if anyone has got some feedback on this course...

I still haven't got round to doing it yet lol, I have more or less got the money to do it now but I'm debating getting an Access Virus Snow instead

Thoughts ?

I'd quite like to hear some feedback if anybody has got some as well. Particularly about the online courses.I'm thinking about taking the ableton one next year.

Last edited:
It's a lot of money for what it is. I was going to enroll on one a while back, then when they emailed me with the prices, I literally pissed myself! They might be good, but are they worth the cost? They are not accessible to most people due to the costs involved.

Back
Top Bottom