Anyone care to assist me in making these dark wobble bass sounds? (NI Massive)

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Sorry I have had two "help me do this" threads in one day but I am working on a tune and some dark wobbles would be perfect for it :)

Here is an example of what I am trying to make:

Kinzy & Haze - Go Back

I would like to know how to do the little "yups" that you hear at the start. (Around 12 and 15 seconds)

It would be pretty cool to know to make the main wobble too :)

Basically anything dark sounding like these! I have the basics of wobbles down and made some sick sounds in the past when I was only making dubstep a couple months ago but I don't know which different waves or what have you to experiment with...

Last edited by a moderator:
any synth will do it, essentially its just a filter opening and closing, so setup your OSC, square is probly a good start, switch on your filter, low pass is a good start (but play with others for more interesting sounds), set the filter freq to its lowest setting, then find the Filter Envelope settings, set it to 50% to start with, set the Attack slow, 300-700ms maybe....and thats pretty much it! its all about tweeking the filter envelope after that, and adding your FX on top, chorus, distortion etc

Cheers guys :)

When you say filter frequency miszt do you mean the cutoff? I couldn't see a freq dial. I made that assumtion and managed to make a pretty cool sound anyway! I didn't know envolopes were so good for making wobbles, though it was all about LFOs!

Cheers for the video too T:M, thats really helpful :)

Cheers guys :)

When you say filter frequency miszt do you mean the cutoff? I couldn't see a freq dial. I made that assumtion and managed to make a pretty cool sound anyway! I didn't know envolopes were so good for making wobbles, though it was all about LFOs!

Cheers for the video too T:M, thats really helpful :)

yeah freq cutoff thats the one, and yep LFO's are awsome too....combine the two for extra wobblyness (pay attention to the LFO envelope)

Back
Top Bottom