Anyone bought 2nd hand KRK Rokit speakers before? (6 or 8's) if so any problems?

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
title says it all really.
I love a bargain and could do with some new monitors for my bedroom. been browsing the web & could probably save at least £100 which could go towards more records.

I hate parting with maximum price unless it is fully necessary.

Anyone had any bad/good experiences with buying 2nd hand speakers/monitors?
& more specifically with KRK's?

Is there any common fault with KRK's that I should look out for when buying 2nd hand?

Anyone with any knowledge/insight/history will be repped...

I bought a demo, so it had not been cained, active rp5 for no discount beacuse i wanted the pair that day i've had it about 18 months and had no problems sound wise, two days after I got it though the LED that lights up the KRK at the front of the speaker went but I got it changed on the pair for £40, could have left it tbh but I wanted em green to match the led on my decks amp etc, silly i know but there you go

Got Rokit 5's from Why Buy New and theyre sick. Had em for a year now and havent let me down. Bout half the price of standard retail as well.

All i can say is ive had my 5's for a couple years now and absolutely no problems!

I always here good things about the 5's and that I should go for them.
Will probably keep and eye out in case I spot any. nice one muz.

I bought a demo, so it had not been cained, active rp5 for no discount beacuse i wanted the pair that day i've had it about 18 months and had no problems sound wise, two days after I got it though the LED that lights up the KRK at the front of the speaker went but I got it changed on the pair for £40, could have left it tbh but I wanted em green to match the led on my decks amp etc, silly i know but there you go

Interesting...one of my mates had exactly the same issue with the LED lights, and said it was a quick fix, will be interesting if I buy second hand and they blow! will keep an eye on that. cheers Matt.

Got Rokit 5's from Why Buy New and theyre sick. Had em for a year now and havent let me down. Bout half the price of standard retail as well.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dedbult again.

Why Buy New is one of the websites I was looking at but not sure if I trusted it completely never bought anything from there before. There is some R5's on there for virtually nothing...

I always here good things about the 5's and that I should go for them.
Will probably keep and eye out in case I spot any. nice one muz.

Interesting...one of my mates had exactly the same issue with the LED lights, and said it was a quick fix, will be interesting if I buy second hand and they blow! will keep an eye on that. cheers Matt.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dedbult again.

Why Buy New is one of the websites I was looking at but not sure if I trusted it completely never bought anything from there before. There is some R5's on there for virtually nothing...

Nah they can be trusted.

If i were you id check out their Ebay store (why-buy-new is their username i think), its a little cheaper than their website but its the same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom