Anyone booked or know anyone that's booked Sub Focus recently?

Goosey_J

IGNORE ME
VIP Junglist
I'm helping organise a night in my home town and the promoter has his heart set on Sub Focus. He's not quite sure what to put in as an offer as he's fairly new to this.

Does anyone have any experience in this matter and could tell me what he goes out for these days?

a few months back i heard about 2 grand. could be more, could be less. as a new promoter dont expect it to be on the cheaper side of things.

also depends on how big the night is, what its for, who else is playing, etc etc. About two years ago he was somewhere around the 800 mark for a 1000 person venue but has since exploded into playing a lot of mainstream festival kinda things and is generally now A LOT more known by the general public. i think 2000 would be the absolute highest i could imagine.

Last edited:
Subbie is far more than 2 grand now. Depends on the City / Town your in, if your in a city like bristol, leeds or another city where he's played with the same promoters for years then you will get a flat out no from his agent Obi, he wont be allowed to play for any ammount of money. however if your putting on a night in a random small town say in cornwall for then your more likely to get a response. It also depends on the size of the venue, 99% chance that Sub Focus wont be allowed to play in a venue with a capacity less than £1000. right now your looking at around £3800 inc VAT for nick

Subbie is far more than 2 grand now. Depends on the City / Town your in, if your in a city like bristol, leeds or another city where he's played with the same promoters for years then you will get a flat out no from his agent Obi, he wont be allowed to play for any ammount of money. however if your putting on a night in a random small town say in cornwall for then your more likely to get a response. It also depends on the size of the venue, 99% chance that Sub Focus wont be allowed to play in a venue with a capacity less than £1000. right now your looking at around £3800 inc VAT for nick

and how come promoters that have booked him for years wont be able to book him?

Lots of politics involved with this stuff, but imo if he is just starting running a night then you cant just book a big name and expect people to come! you have to build a brand and work your way up, it'll fail hard just pumping loadsa money in, you have to have some sorta following beforehand. Uni run events are an exception to this tho, they manage to get heads no matter what!

Subbie is far more than 2 grand now.
cool_kid_1141999666.jpg!size-260

saw sub focus at ram and his set was pure cringe, high pitch screechers the whole way. no way should anyone be booking him if he costs that much

if sub focus is costing around 2 or 3 grand i cant imagine how much chase and status are able to charge per hour

Nah man not Bristol. Salisbury, of all places. Been around it for years and it's relatively easy to promote in, the hard part is getting artists to come down there.

Though in recent times Andy C and Friction have both played at the venue my mate is trying to sort this in, so Sub Focus shouldn't be too much of a stretch... hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom