Anyone been one them silent disco things???

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Just seen they've got one at Inno in the Sun and seen them at other places but really, what is the point???

I couldnt think of anything more off putting than being with loads of ppl with headphones on 'going sick' while people look on sayin 'look at that bunch of retards'

Thoughts?

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Stupid idea, main reason I go to a rave it too feel the bass, if I wanted to sit and listen to tunes through headphones I'd listen to my ipod

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Silent disco at Raindance last year was sick. But mainly because it was outside so i could sit down, smoke and still listen to music.

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
cant see the inno one going ahead. u gotta purchase a ticket for it. sorry but raving on a sunny beach with headphones on..... NARRRRRRRRRR

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
I would like to try one, The only thing is my headphones wouldnt compare to a sound system for example i never get ringing in my ears from my headphones, Just wouldnt feel right waking up after a night out without my ears ringing

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
It's a gimmick thats fun for about 20 minutes but then the novelty wears off and you want to be back at a proper sound system. Normally you have 2 DJ's playing at the same time and you can switch between them.

At some festivals they have to stop the music after a certain time so it's the only alternative. If this is not the case then there's no point.

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
been too a couple, doesnt really appeal to me, and having to stop the music (take ur cans off) to talk to people is annoying, played at one and that was just weird

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
It's a gimmick thats fun for about 20 minutes but then the novelty wears off and you want to be back at a proper sound system. Normally you have 2 DJ's playing at the same time and you can switch between them.

At some festivals they have to stop the music after a certain time so it's the only alternative. If this is not the case then there's no point.
That must look absolutely ridiculous on the whole brocking out side of things

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
have done but never to a dnb night

was weird enough with loads of students listening to shit chart, cant really see the point without feeling all the bass, takes away the impact surely?