Anybody into Ragga Dnb on here?

DillonJ

What's going on people?

I see loads of people on here are loving the jump up and neuro, do we have any Ragga lovers out there.

Who are you liking at minute, artists/record lables?

If so send over your mixes

Yes mate check out their new take on 'Revolution' forth coming on Big Dada records 13th November 2015.

This one isn't dnb though

I cant deny I bought a rake of Visionary, Benny Page, Calibre, JuJu etc etc records when that dubby liquid stuff was massive around 2005 or so though, and Bassbin were my local crew here at the time so I had them doing their thing, as well as being mad into Function stuff at the time, but tbh if you are talking about Junglecakes type stuff then I cant really get down with that stuff at all.

Protip - Shout are a solid label, if you like ragga bootlegs that are low on cheese.

I can definitely appreciate some good ragga jungle from time to time. Been really digging the releases from Labelless Recordings in Ohio. Great tunes from DJ Vocoda, Dub Liner, and others on there.

One of my favorites:

Yeah I like that funky Jungle style from Dub Liner mate, DJ Vocoda is from my way he smashes it. Listening to him rinse out the dirtiest Jungle I've ever heard through a 30K Full VOID Acoustics rig was emotional.

I cant deny I bought a rake of Visionary, Benny Page, Calibre, JuJu etc etc records when that dubby liquid stuff was massive around 2005 or so though, and Bassbin were my local crew here at the time so I had them doing their thing, as well as being mad into Function stuff at the time, but tbh if you are talking about Junglecakes type stuff then I cant really get down with that stuff at all.

Marcus Visionary & Benny Page are two of my favourite artists, checkout Visionarys latest album 'Jungle to the World' if you haven't already. I'm a sucker for Junglecakes and have most of their releases.

Serial Killaz although their own label is mostly pumping out Jump up Salarymans new EP is heavy.

I love my Jungle, but 99% of the stuff that gets called Ragga D&B nowadays is basically jumpup with the odd ragga vocal instead of a screechy synth.

This 1000%

A bland tune with over used samples and the worst kick and snares taken from a vengeance sample pack, which have been boosted at 100 & 200 hz by about 12 dB even though the snare is on the key of A (220). But yeah. The vibe has gone

This 1000%

A bland tune with over used samples and the worst kick and snares taken from a vengeance sample pack, which have been boosted at 100 & 200 hz by about 12 dB even though the snare is on the key of A (220). But yeah. The vibe has gone

Sorry I glazed over there..

DJ L.A.B. defo. Some Labelless stuff. Chopstick dubplate did some decent stuff around 10 years ago. Roots records more recently. There is definitely some real dross out there though.

Jamie Bostron makes some good remixes yeah, chopstick dub plate is cool to. Their stuff is a bit mellow though, boring to mix good to listen to

Back
Top Bottom