any1 read comics?

The_Jungledon

www.FreelanceJunglist.com
VIP Junglist
Have not read them for about 10 years but this dude gave me a pile of comics called 'The Preacher', badass reads and i dont mind saying so. lol

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Have not read them for about 10 years but this dude gave me a pile of comics called 'The Preacher', badass reads and i dont mind saying so. lol
:word:

In a totally different class to Spiderman though. The difference is like Tarantino vs Bruckheimer.

Chuck that Spidey crap out. If you want superheroes, read "The Authority" and "Midnighter". More sex and drugs. The Garth Ennis Punishers are also excellent.

Expanding horizons - "Watchmen" is one of the most important 'comics' ever. "The Dark Knight Returns" is as important. Required reading even if you don't like comics.

If you want to be shocked and excited, "Preacher" is excellent. Will appear on HBO.

If you want to go mad, "The Invisibles" will turn you mad. Excellent but insane.

If you like hyperstylisation that makes the Matrix look like your home videos, the "Sin City" series is insanely good. The stories are a bit naff but the art is art.

If you can't stomach the above, at least read "Judge Dredd", not that Spidey crap.

(Oh and I read two books a week in case any of you are interested).

The_Jungledon

www.FreelanceJunglist.com
VIP Junglist
:word:

In a totally different class to Spiderman though. The difference is like Tarantino vs Bruckheimer.

Chuck that Spidey crap out. If you want superheroes, read "The Authority" and "Midnighter". More sex and drugs. The Garth Ennis Punishers are also excellent.

Expanding horizons - "Watchmen" is one of the most important 'comics' ever. "The Dark Knight Returns" is as important. Required reading even if you don't like comics.

If you want to be shocked and excited, "Preacher" is excellent. Will appear on HBO.

If you want to go mad, "The Invisibles" will turn you mad. Excellent but insane.

If you like hyperstylisation that makes the Matrix look like your home videos, the "Sin City" series is insanely good. The stories are a bit naff but the art is art.

If you can't stomach the above, at least read "Judge Dredd", not that Spidey crap.

(Oh and I read two books a week in case any of you are interested).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)#Characters

This is the one dustek, not THE preacher, preacher, cool as fuck "comic".
So the ones you mention above are like preacher. IMO these aint comics, there like books with lots of pics. lol. Interesting stories, plots and decent characters too.

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist
I used to get all the Dark Horse comics,aliens Vs predator,Terminator,Superman Vs Terminator,Robocop etc etc.

gcurt1s

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
personally i think the DC comics are a better read than the marvel ones. batman mainly, especially with jeph loeb. Also transmetropolitan is really good. about a journalist in a really messed up world

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
my favorites are
Amazing Spiderman
Marvel Civil War
Steven King's The Dark Tower
Annihilation/Nova
Sensational Spiderman
World War Hulk (what a graphic novel this is! HOW GOOD!!!)
Sin City (Read about 7 of em)
Blade

i cant get into the DC 1's at all
ill look into them 1's Dustek, im always up 4 new 1's

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist