Any1 know wat decent sites to go on to buy some technics mk5's??

djhektikz

VIP Junglist
Iv looked on sum american sites(cheaper) but they dont ship over to the uk for sum reason.

I bought mine from these guy, their based in germany so you do get foreign plugs. Not the end of the world, cause you can buy some good plug adaptors from Maplins.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/technics_sl_1210_m5ge.htm

I saw that chemical was selling them fairly cheap not too far back...

Or instead of buying adapters you buy UK plugs and fit them to the cable yourself. Not rocket science! Easy as sticking two cables into two holes if you're not an idiot :)

There are plenty of US stores that will ship to the UK but shipping is expensive and Mr Taxman will slap customs duty + VAT on the delivery.

Most of Europe has cheaper equipment than the UK so check the EURO rates but don't forget about shipping costs.

Last edited:
Or instead of buying adapters you buy UK plugs and fit them to the cable yourself. Not rocket science! Easy as sticking two cables into two holes if you're not an idiot :)

There are plenty of US stores that will ship to the UK but shipping is expensive and Mr Taxman will slap customs duty + VAT on the delivery.

Most of Europe has cheaper equipment than the UK so check the EURO rates but don't forget about shipping costs.

Yes but its not just as simple as adding another plug as i've herd of people doing this and destroying there decks as U.K sockets are higher voltage than most other countries. So i sugest buying an adapter.

You should be ok with different plugs from Europe as they are all still 230v 50hz A.C

But not america unfortunately, which run at 120v 60hz A.C.....

Hope that helps

Yes but its not just as simple as adding another plug as i've herd of people doing this and destroying there decks as U.K sockets are higher voltage than most other countries. So i sugest buying an adapter.

A plug adapter does not change voltage. You need a transformer to do that.

Europe runs on the same voltage, so you'll be fine with European decks.

Most good equipment has a US/Europe voltage switch.

Back
Top Bottom