Any VST's which tell you what key your samples are in?

3xit

Hey, first post, n00b style, do you guys have know about any VSTs which can identify what key/scale a sample is in?

I tried using C tuner but it goes mental and i cant read anything!

Maybe i just need to get better at theory... Or swap my ears for the Daft Punk people's, they knows how to sample!:not_worth

Last edited:
theres plenty of tuners, which can identify single notes, but if your still not sure, open a standard instrument like a piano and play the keys until you find the tonic (key) note of the sample

Most music samples from specific sample packs have the key and bpm in the title

i think its taken alot of skill out of singing. anyone can do it with that thing....

Definately, but the good thing with pitch correction programs is that if theyre used to tune a REALLY bad singer you can tell its been done. Tiny corrections here and there theyre useful for, but not for correcting people who are pure off key all the time!

Hey, first post, n00b style, do you guys have know about any VSTs which can identify what key/scale a sample is in?

As Alexi said, you dont need a VST, just open/use an instrument, start from a C, work your way up until you hear the note thats the same pitch.

Last edited:
just get patch on any vsti with a pure
sine wave (cause it has no harmonic
overtones) and figure it out by playing
notes... it not very hard...

GTune is a free VST that emulates auto tune, it also tells you the pitch of whatever audio ur running thru it, don't ask me for a link tho, Google is you.

Back
Top Bottom