any toronto heads in here?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D-Logik, Aug 14, 2003.

1. D-Logik

D-Logik Member

2. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

Krusada is in t.dot I think.

3. V Matt

V Matt Member

Do they have their power back now 8O

4. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

Re: Re: any toronto heads in here?

Also, TitanSoundz is in that area....

5. D-Logik

D-Logik Member

Re: Re: Re: any toronto heads in here?

i dunno if they have their power back or not

but i was supposed to go up there and catch teh i kamanchi tour...but i guess they couldn't get into the airport cuz of all this

fucking figures, that's my fucking luck

6. Charlie Van Pelt

Charlie Van Pelt Charles N. Charge

Re: Re: any toronto heads in here?

Yeah, we do...for now. Rolling blackouts have been ordered well into next week in order for the recovery to go as smoothly as possible.

I just made this long-winded post at DnBScene detailing my experience with the event(s). I'll try to summarize for you here:

It all started around 4:10 p.m.:
    -nature called...thank God, 'cause the lights went out while I was relieving myself, and if I went to the elevator as normal, I might have been stuck for a long time!!
    -intended to go back to York University...couldn't go by subway 'cause when I saw two trains standing helplessly north of Lawrence West station, I had to call that off
    -traffic lights were out, as you could imagine...citizens (not cops) were directing traffic at some intersections
    -later found out that all of Toronto got knocked out, and much of the northeastern United States
    -arrived at York...immediately took a bus home via Jane Street; it was a faster journey than going up Keele (cops were directing traffic at every major intersection)
    -got home at 7:00 p.m....emergency lights weren't working
    -went up the stairs behind some young women who had flashlights...until the seventh floor
    -walked up to the eleventh floor in total darkness
    -got home, listened to the radio (I had batteries) and had fun with my flashlight on my apartment's balcony
    -watched in awe as night fell
    -mom finally got home at 11:00 p.m.
    -our power came back at 4:30 a.m.; some areas of Toronto are still in the dark!!

Right now, our subways and LRT's still aren't running, and the streetcars are pretty much stranded; it's hoped that they'll be back on Monday, but who knows?!

Oh yeah, here's something our mayor said which I found quite amusing: "In nine months, we'll have the biggest baby boom we've ever seen."

Chuck :drums:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003