any Reaper users on the forum?

yogi23

Hey folks

just wanted to know whos using reaper? i started using it about 2 weeks ago because i couldnt afford logic and so far i love it! i'm using it rewired with reason 4 and it works a charm, i use redrum in reason and the nnxt to sample which has helped me alot since i dont know many good vst's for those jobs

Peace

I do all my mixdowns in reaper so it's pretty much an integral part of my workflow. First I create the tune in FLstudio and after a week or so without working on it, export the mixer tracks as wav to reaper. Although I've mixed the tunes pretty much ready as I go, I do some group compression/limiting, more accurate level changes (those FLStudio mixer faders are so fuckingsmall), even some audio editing; I might swap entire sections around at that point. Sometimes I have to go back to FLstudio and change something but I try to keep it simple.

I've tried working on some tunes from start to finish in reaper with the help of the FLStudio plugin or rewiring it to reaper, but it's been too much of a chore so far and it kind of defeats the purpose. Plus the shortcut keys wont work in the plugin version of FL :(

Nice way of going about it, probably a noob question but its something i've been wondering after i've started to resample, do you loose sound quality when exporting out to a wav then putting it into another DAW? cause i've found making a reese in reason then exporting and putting it into reaper that the sampled one playing reaper isnt as loud as the original sound.

Thats lame how the shortcuts wont work!

Yuo shouldn't notice a drop in quality doing an export. It's most likely that you have the volume for a channel or something set incorrectly. Normalize when you export, and watch the levels closely at all stages to see where the drop occurs

Back
Top Bottom