Any Ragga Heads up on here?

Mainframe

RaggaTech head
Any Ragga Junglists up on here? Anyone spinning ragga?

Anyone ever venture into RaggaTech? Basically a blend of techy/steppy drums with Ragga Jungle elements (sounds/vocals/fx).

Thats my forte. RaggaTech. Also JumpUp and darker Tech and even some stuff I call TechoTech haha. Im into all styles but mainly whats listed.

Categorizing is dumb, yes, but its the only way I can describe it right now.

Mainframe said:
Any Ragga Junglists up on here? Anyone spinning ragga?

Anyone ever venture into RaggaTech? Basically a blend of techy/steppy drums with Ragga Jungle elements (sounds/vocals/fx).

Thats my forte. RaggaTech. Also JumpUp and darker Tech and even some stuff I call TechoTech haha. Im into all styles but mainly whats listed.

Categorizing is dumb, yes, but its the only way I can describe it right now.
Well not sure if this is included, but I defo dig the sounds of N2O, Capital J, Wikkid and all that crew. Very Jungle / Ragga / Rap / Hip Hop influenced Drum & Bass.

:slayer:

Essentially yes. N20 does have that sound, in fact they have their own established sound.

N2O would be part of this yes. :) But there are tons more

Id call that more just ragga.

Soundmurderer is dope but definitely not raggatech.

good examples are like said above N2O records.. or Rid'em Records or Dub Fi Dub Records. All rought tough ragga tracks with non traditional drums. They use a lot of tramens and hard breakbeats.

Anyways, its all good! Im just asking cause not a lot of people seem to be into this or more not really aware of it. Hard dark techy songs with ragga vocals = DOPE

I love the deep reggae influences and ragga samples people like Digital use
not so into the mentalism sound but its cool. :cool:

I like ragga jungle but I'm not down with teching it up.
I like the slower paced funky swinging rhythms, I find capital J's stuff miles too fast to have any funk in there

yeah, I like heaps of the new ragga jungle comin out now.. but im afraid the techyness in it does take something out of it, i like it organic :) I heard most of the LA Abstract stuff thats come out, and I can't say i'm feeling it as much as the less techy stuff like 10lb sound, press up / new lick, trinity don and other such labels :\
though I gotta admit there are some digital tunes that I think are wicked as well, like his remix of juniours tune

Sounds great, want to send me a mix cd??? haha.
Hell, it was worth a shot!
A lot of people are ridin' this sound at the moment, I think it's coming into a whole new phase. Mainframe: would love to hear what your droppin. cd??? heheh

Back
Top Bottom