Any one use any Brainworx plugins?

shaunlee0

Wondered if any one could give me any help with the use of any of these plugins and when and where to use them on?

For example what elements of my track, I have the majority of plugins they do and wanted to look more into their use.

Cheers

Shaun

I use Control V2 and I also used to use VSC-2.

Control V2 is essentially a M/S processor with a couple bells and whistles. It's a good plugin, though I have other tools that can essentially do the same thing. It's nice having all the metering under a single roof so to speak. I primarily use it to tame stereo heavy sounds or to center (monoize) the low-end of a sound to prevent any phasing issues amongst other sonic disturbances. My advice would be to read the manual first to really get the most out of it...I found that I was able to really put it to good use once I really understood how each component worked...and sidechaining signals was required (doh!).

VSC-2 is a VCA compressor based off of some legendary (and very expensive) hardware. It's good for mastering, though I used it for buss'. However, that was before I bought Cytomic Glue, which is now my go-to for buss compression.

Cheers.

Yes I use the glue compressor and I really like it , the algorithm for the compressor is just right! Will definitely give it a read really want to employ these great plugins the proper way. Thanks for your input mate ez

Ya their plug-ins mostly focus on M/S processing and are much more oriented to surgical mastering work or film production than to dance music, imo.

But I still prefer VSC-2 over The Glue for bus compression :p

Ya their plug-ins mostly focus on M/S processing and are much more oriented to surgical mastering work or film production than to dance music, imo.

But I still prefer VSC-2 over The Glue for bus compression :p

I hear ya man. Both are very nice compressors. Maybe after I hit the lottery I can by the hardware versions of each lol!! :)

Cheers Dugg.

I went into the the studio I work at and they had all the brainworx plugins. They are really fucking amazing, the modus eq is probably my favorite eq

Back
Top Bottom