DnB Any one still buying dnb on vinyl?

Ezim4n

I am curious to know if people are still buying dnb on vinyl or has everyone just gone digital? If you stopped buying why and what was your last tune? :)

Used to spend a ridiculous amount of money on records until they started pressing 3 tunes per side at 33 rpm and all that nonsense and went digital.

Last 12" I bought was Pablo Nouvelle - You Don't Understand (Calibre remix)

Used to spend a ridiculous amount of money on records until they started pressing 3 tunes per side at 33 rpm and all that nonsense and went digital.

Last 12" I bought was Pablo Nouvelle - You Don't Understand (Calibre remix)

Im not buying vinyl as often as I used to, due to having less spare cash to splash on them and the fact my favorite record shop closed, but I dont think I have come across a record with 3 tunes per side, yet.... sound a bit ridiculous though! :/

I still buy the plastic stuff, just less nowadays. Tend to pre order more as less is making my ears perk up (and to try and take advantage of Redeye's free shipping over £50)

I dont think I have come across a record with 3 tunes per side, yet.... sound a bit ridiculous though! :/

Check the Sense MC LP thread ;)

Im not buying vinyl as often as I used to, due to having less spare cash to splash on them and the fact my favorite record shop closed, but I dont think I have come across a record with 3 tunes per side, yet.... sound a bit ridiculous though! :/
Riya's LP, Technimatic LP, Xanadu's LP, Mr Joseph's LP...the list goes on. Haven't bought any of them as much as I like (and would love to DJ) some of the tunes....

I only really buy eps on wax if I can afford it, but LP's I nomally get them in .wavs so that would explain it

I still buy vinyl & play it at home regularly. I stopped buying it when my daughter was born in 2009, but over the last 4-5 years I've picked it up again but more as a collector these days. I basically just buy jungle these days tbh, like Sully, Dead Man's Chest, Paradox etc, & swoop on any second hand stuff from the 90's I can find.

Being that i'm not playing vinyl out the numerous tracks per side doesn't bother me. But I see why people complain about it, it's not ideal.

In saying that I think there is 1 exception.... those 33 cuts which have been mastered by beau, (Metalheadz, Ingredients, Dispatch etc) are exceptional for what they are. Very close to a 45 cut imo. But any other 33 cuts by other mastering people/places are noticeably weaker, u can literally tell as soon as you put the needle on the record.

Yep, select tunes that I love
Yeah this.
Can't afford to buy vinyl that much anymore so im very picky, if its an Ep gotta really dig both sides and artwork/coloured vinyl also really helps.
Got rid of my turntables about 6 months ago for CDJ's so i only listen/mix vinyl when im round my friends which is very rarely. I actually frame a lot of decent artwork'd bits now too.
Last thing i bought on vinyl was actually the Stranger Things soundtrack, looks good and sounds good, win win.

no, sorry I meant where have you guys been whilst I feel like I am the only one grizzling about it on here haha

Oh, gotcha. Have definitely posted on here about it a couple of times before though.

I get the feeling a lot of the new people buying vinyl to create this boom aren't really playing it / djing with it so the 33rpms are selling but lots of people who have been djing 45rpm rollers for 20+ years are being bummed off. Obviously there are 33rpm 4 trackers from the early 90s too but those were the exceptions

Back
Top Bottom