Any one noticed the feedback is getting less&less?

Reason for the lack of feedback

• The forum isnt as busy as it used to be

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • People are working to hard so cant come on as often

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • everyones tunes are shit

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • other: if so please say what

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Dave Dexcell

Dexcell
VIP Junglist
When i joined the forum and i posted up a tune it would get swamped with feedback etc but it seems to have slowed down now, looking at the hits on everyone else's threads there the same.

Any Ideas why this could be?

thanks alot man it means alot!

feedback is very important to the progression peoples music everyone on here has helped us a huge amount!

we do have alot of noobs on here that need nurturing

yea i no wat u mean i think its just the regulars arent postin many tunes lately therefore arent checkin the new talent section i could be wrong tho.
i try an give sum feedback on tunes wen i can tho

Im in need of much nurturing :D

Just wondering, is dexcell a full time thing for the people involved?

yeah very full time lol were infront of a pc all day long!

there are some very talented people on the forum and there feedback will help you along your way ill make sure i check out all your bits and fb as much as i can to help

Seems like people are too involved with themselves, and how many sets they can leach. Or doing a new mix every 2 weeks for the forum. The forum is generally a very friendly place, but to be honest i almost never look in this section of the forum. If someone sends me something i will always listen and give feedback. I work from M-F 5-12 UK time (which is 10-5 MST time in Canada)

If you ever wanna bounce ideas off of me I am sitting at work waiting to hear what you got.

I said other and here's my reason(/rant) :

Basically when i do go on this section of the forum (which has been very rare as of late) i find its mostly filled with jump up tunes, which are not to my taste an most of the time if its not the regulars, i do have a listen, an there's quite alot i would be able to feedback on its just......

A. I dont know how to word it in a way that im bein nice an helpful without just slating it, this usually takes time to form a few sentences making sure your not hurting peoples feelings as i understand what its like, i think we all do.
The times when your first starting out how happy you feel after makin something u know isnt top notch but you've spent time n effort into gettin it as best you can etc

B. I dont get the time to.
From listenin to mixes, doing my own mixes and having my own production on the go etc....oh an life lol
Usually ill be listenin to a tune on loop or a mix an coming to this part of the forum needs your full attention!

This sounds selfish but I used to feedback alot on here an sifted thru heaps of stuff to find maybe 5-6 that stood out?? Kinda got disheartened over time??
(Especially when ppl didnt label what they were showing!!!! i.e jump up/neuro/liquid etc)
Plus any1 who feedbacks on my tunes i have been giving priority to an check there stuff out an feedback wheneva i get the chance an obviously when i notice something new from them.
Ive also been keepin an eye on a few ppl ive found that i have really liked, who are deffo on there way to big things!

And ive met alot of people on here that i have started talkin to on aim n msn an i dont feedback as ive already spoken directly to them about there stuff??

Sometimes its just me being preoccupied or just plain lazy that stops me. This is me bein honest lol
Ill try get back on it cause i love hearing ppl progress an form there sound, an its good to help each other out an make us work harder!

Anyway rant over!!!!

yeah man, I'm just too busy at work lately to feedback on every tune.
Similar to sphinx; I struggle to sift through the sheer volume of stuff. Most of which doesn't appeal to me.

If I like it, or think I can help constructively I'll comment.
Saying that I'm a noob of two months and there are far wiser people on here who can and do feedback.

i do sometimes think people only wanna listen to the "big playaz" or "big posters" on the forum and can be a slight clique at times, i myself if i listen to a beat i will feed back to the est of my ability, but there is quite alot of brown nosing goes on around here and if ya not postin shit loads/no one knows who ya are than usually no one will bother.

not good but thats jus the way it goes.

its may also be that its summer an not so many people are at their computers long enuff to check an feedback

when u listen to a track someones clearly spent 2 hours on and then upped and its gash its hard to find something constructive to say, specially when its someone with no posts complaining how they dont get feedback. then on the flip hear a sick track and cant give any meaningful input cos its beyond me. i try and feedback if i think itll be genuinely helpful/. but a lot of peoples tunes sound good technically but jus dont do it for me musically. then theres great musical ideas but the stuff doesnt fit t hat well, and i cant really say shit to them cos iv not got the monitors yet...

i dunno :confused:

i know im only new here but i try to spend as much time as possible in this forum trying to give feedback and stuff for peoples tracks coz it is helpful to people...like even if u cant always say shit about how they could improve or whatever its always nice, from my point of view anyway, to just get something as simple as a yer man that bit sounds good or i dunno man..bass lines a bit gash...i thin a lot of its just to do with the support that people give..i dunno thats just what i think

also im much more inclined to feedback on a track if its hosted on a streaming site

Like what Sphinx said, alot of it is a style that i detest. I still try and give feedback on any tune i listen to here, sometimes if i find i would really be slating the tune i stay out of posting. Alot of the time i try to give as constructive feedback as i can without being an asshole lol

Thats when i do personaly have time to get on here to listen to music. Alot of the time im on the lap top at night after making music through the day and i really dont want to hear anymore music for the night so i dont listen to them

I will make an effort to listen to more stuff though on here. :)

Back
Top Bottom