Any one from southampton or near there?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dave Dexcell, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

Im moving there mid august and wated to know if there was a scene there for dnb?

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

Chris Getme and DTokez and www.shedbass.com are all southhamton based, i am not, but i play on shed bass and it seems pretty lively.

3. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Just finished uni there and moved back to Guildford! There is a scene, the leading promotors are Tripp2 Records (Late Licence), that's where DJ Klip works and they regularly book big names to play at The Square, their nights seem more jump-up and MC orientated. There's also Raygun Youth, another promotor who only seems to book hospital DJs and big money makers! My mate's just been running a dnb dubstep night, recently booked Break and Nero. Junk Club have just jumped on the bandwagon, they are a money making machine and book whatevers likely to sell out, but have hosted some good nights, booked Andy C, DJ Hype, Shy FX, Grooverider and rumours of Noisia. There's also been a few great nights at Rhino, seeing Ed Rush was probably the dnb highlight of my 3 years there, and the sound system was spot on.

Would you be looking to start a night there?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  4. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

I R FROM SOUTHAMPTON

BIG UPZ DEXCELL

5. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

Where abouts? im moving to london road near all the bars n shizzle!

6. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

lucky fucker, ur right on the top of town :D

i grew up the other side of eastleigh, ain't been out in soton for while, but tripp2 is a good enough store and there used to be a random music shop in the same shopping centre that sold the odd hip hop bits but i think its gone now

the square is a decent venue, never been down to late licence night but i hear good things, been to a couple of Klip's nights when he's done stuff elsewhere and its usually quite good, but as ollie says, it's defo more on the jump up end,
    there's always been a fair scattering of names about here and there elsewhere in town

if ur after a real night out tho bournemouth is jus down the M27, and they do used to do a coach from the end of london road from the one nation events @ the opera house, travel there and back and entry for under £20, a few of the clothing stores and tripp2 used to sell the tickets

and get down st mary's to watch the greatest team the world has ever seen :gslayer:

7. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

safe fellas thats really helpfull. shame ill know nobody down there so raving isnt an option just yet lol

8. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

safe

a piece of Dexcell in soton. legend

9. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Krisisdnb hold a good few events in Soton/Bournmouth!

10. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

I was living on London road for 2 years, best location in Southampton... everything is so close

11. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

lol plastic wanabe londoners over that way with funny farmland acsents!
    fair fhew dnb events for sure, bournmouth is pretty good!

keep a eye out for 10TON events over pompey and breakneck will be back when the uni starts.. ...best dnb event in the south of all time !

12. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

Dont sleep where abouts you from in southampton?

13. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

just outside town

near Lordshill

14. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

i work in Southampton, live in Portsmouth.. i manage to get to raves every now and again with fratanize off here.. your welcome to come along fella. ill let you know next time am thinking of goin to one and where ect.. cant be easy moving and not knowing anyone..

15. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

salmon where do you work in soton

16. EWOKS

i work in Swanwick, but its still classed as Soton.. its got soton in their address so it must be, am a careworker, support a family ect.

you up for coming to a good ol knees up when theres a rave on then john, could do with a 7 ft bloke to hang around with, incase i loose my football on the roof or something.. or my cat gets stuck up a tree.. im ure you will come in handy at some point in the night.. you could tell me when it started to rain, so i get just enough time to put my hood up :clown:

17. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

18. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

haha swanick the middle of two postcodes its full of snobby cunts! wouldnt be proud of being linked with that area at all!

19. EWOKS

never said i was proud you twat..

im proud that i look after lady whos probably got barely a few years to live, and i save her life everynow and agin when she collapses and has massive siezures.. i also look after her disabled son whos going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life as the bottom half of his body is not properly developing . i make him feel like a normal kid and try make his life fun, untill he realises hes going to have a colostomy bag for the rest of his days , and he cant use his penis as they a cutting all supply off to and from it and it will not grow like his twisted legs. this i am proud of as i keep the blind and severly diabetic mother and her disabled son as happy as possible, whilst supporting the rest of the family.

swanwicks a nice little place, nice and chilled out..i lived in grimsby which is a chavy shithole.. at somepoint you grow up and think youd like nice surroundings and a quiet easy place to live in peacefully... you may reach that level of maturity one day.. or perhaps not .

sorry if you was joking, if not .. then there just wasnt any need to be a prick

20. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

yeah man will be tough but im of that age where i want to get my life sorted and a new bunch of friends new job and new town is a brilliant oppertunity to do so. i will be well up for going raving at some point once i have settled in, thanks. luckly i have been introduced to someone down there allready who can hook me up with DJ work so i wont be taking a massive wage cut lol,

Does any of you go to any or the bars around london road/bedford place????