Any of our Dutch members??

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mistasfx, Jul 19, 2012.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Just wondering what is the popular 'rave' music in your country is??

Ive grew up thinking the hardcore/gabber scene was the main scene in Holland but ive a funny feeling im wrong.

Thanks

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

minimal techno (richie hawtin, matthew dear, alex smoke etc) but thats been a while now, just techno in general (sven vaath etc) and house in particular (everyone on the planet with a computer) i guess. there really is alot to choose from, but dubstep and all its otherworldly offshoots are pretty hot right now, you can listen to gameboy inspired dubstep with down south rap kind of thing, or go to a gay disco, there is that too (david guetta, armin van buuren, and that other guy wossname). there are reggaeton and dancehall nights that are fairly popular. there is quite alot of drum and bass this month, like theres been like two events every week so far, which is really really much for amsterdam. oh and btw im talking about amsterdam here, possibly rotterdam. maybe leiden or utrecht, dont know. and i dont care tbh, amsterdam rules, jooodeeeeeeeeee

3. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

What's the deal with foreigners buying bud in Dam atm then? Is it officuially illegal?!

But most shops just sell it anyway...?!

4. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

So is the hardcore scene as big as its made out to be?? I know they do them huge Masters of Hardcore events but theyre only one offs and i never see hardcore club nights advertised