Any mciing tips?

concept beats

I've started mixing drum and bass but i've been a lot into hip hop and I know a lot of good rappers in my city. These days i'm gonna practice with one of them named Elliott, he recorded some dubstep-rap tunes back in the days, and he's a good freestyler

What advice can I give him to rock a drum and bass party without being noisy?
I listened to some andy c live set and his mc is fucking powerful, big voice and good flow.

Another question: how does the tune selection changes where there's an mc on the stage? should i completely remove those tunes with rap or vocals in the beginning or i can use some of them?

Big Up DnB forum, respect from NA
Concept

I would recommend just playing a set as you normally would mate, MC supposed to compliment the DJ and hype the crowd not try and spit bars for the whole hour, with drum and bass I would recommend the MC to pick his moments when to spit his bars over it (instrumental heavy tunes like whip slap, bricks don't roll etc etc) and just hype the crowd up with vocal tunes etc, DNB is hard to MC over I would say because you need to find the right balance

SP:MC as mentioned above

Have a list to IC3 on the mic find he usually gets the crowd hyped

even MC Eksman as well despite him not being every bodies cup of tea

Always ask the crowd questions. It keeps them engaged. Crowd participation. It's why the Ratpack was so popular.
Questions like:
Who do you think we are baggage handlers?
Do you want to go shopping?
Whats your favorite mascot off the sugar puffs box.

unless you are gonna turn the Mic down, don't touch the Mic gain

and dont suck the microphone or scream down it, neither sounds good

Always ask the crowd questions. It keeps them engaged. Crowd participation. It's why the Ratpack was so popular.
Questions like:
Who do you think we are baggage handlers?
Do you want to go shopping?
Whats your favorite mascot off the sugar puffs box.
Honey.Monster.22nd.Feb_.2015-1000x664.jpg

Back
Top Bottom