Any hip-hop DnB recommendations?

th1lak

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the DnB scene, was recently introduced to it by a friend. I've been hearing a few tracks here and there on youtube. I'm really diggin the hip hop influenced dnb tracks. Cany anyone recommend me hip hop dnb artists/albums to check out?

I'm also likin the tracks with sort of a reggae/Jamaican vocals? Is that a genre is that just specific vocals ?

Thanks!

For the Jamaican vocally stuff get onto a producer called Benny Page. 90% of his stuff has that sorta thing in it.

jmzmaloney hit the nail on the head.

Look for Congo Natty/Rebel MC/Conquering Lion.

Also Aphrodite/Dj Zinc/ Adam F(Drum & Bass Warfare)/early Dj Hype/Mickey Finn/early Shy Fx/EZ Rollers/Ganja Kru.

To get into dnb properly I'd suggest you get the Dj Hype mixed Jungle Massive double CD or the Dj Hype Ministry of Sound Back to the Old Skool double CD or the Dj Hype Dnb Essentials Triple CD (see the common factor).

YO NOOBS. HE SAID HIP HOP INFLUENCED. NOT RAGA YO. [SIZE =6]WOAH[/SIZE] FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND IS HIVE & KEATON - BRING IT ON. YO MAY ALSO ENJOY SOME HIGH CONTRAST REMIXES. REALLY DEPENDS WHAT HIP HOP ARTIST YOU LIKE

KRS One done one with Goldie, and there was an Adam F album done with hip hop artists but I never bothered to listen to it.

hey guys,

thanks for all the recommendations so far. The reggae vocaled dnb tracks but I was wondering if there were any hip hop influenced-tracks.

To be more specific, 80s, 90s east coast (ie: Wu-Tang, de la soul, a tribe called quest, run dmc)

thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom