Any high frequency oscillator plug ins?

KMSTRY

KMSTRY
Safe guys,

I was wondering if there were any plug ins that allow you to oscillate a sound up to 20kHz?

That way you could tune any samples you've got

E.g get a kick, oscillate at 440Hz and get an A out of it

No clue if there is such a thing but could be pretty nifty!

Cheers

Maybe a frequency shifter? It's like a pitch shifter, but it doesn't preserve the harmonic/partial relations from the overtone series of the original sample.

Saying you want to oscillate the sound is pretty vague? What do you want to oscillate? The amplitude, frequency, filter cutoff????

But I'm still thinking you're looking for a frequency shifter or ring modulator.

I'm confused? Why would you need a frequency oscillator to change the pitch of a Kick? why not just pitch the sample up on the actual sample? or in a sampler?

Yeah sorry, let me be a bit more specific.

What I actually mean by oscillate is just loop. Poor choice of phrasing!

The thing is with ringshifter you get side bands so it's not a perfect, singular note.

so you want the kick sample, to loop at 20Khz? - think its gona sound like a wasp fart tbh lol

I think what you are looking for is a synth which allows you to import your own wave-forms, and use them in place of the usual Sine, Saw etc?

I know they do exist, but its not sumthing I've played with much tbh, look up Granular Synth VST's which allow you to import your own wav files so you can then build new sounds from the wave forms; there are also additive/subtractive synths which allow custom wave forms, but i'm not sure off the top of my head; otherwise a sampler will allow you to do it if its half decent, just a matter of time-streching, ADSR settings, and pitch

Yeah man, probably not Kosher to mention this on the forum but the guys from Swedish House Mafia use the OP-1 playing a kick and then speed it up a shitload till they get that lead they had.

Granular Synths sound like exactly what I'm looking for, otherwise I might be able to build something in Reaktor that gives me similar results.

Back
Top Bottom