Any help on how i can turn non-bass sounds into a "sick bassline m8"?

So i've always wondered how you can resample sounds into something that sounds very different, and i'm not talking standard resampling to make stuff heavier or whatever i mean actually making it sound like something completely different than the original sound. Take Billain for example who can turn a recording of a drop of water falling onto more water and turn it in to a crazy bass, any ideas how this can be achieved?
Thanks guys

you just have to try stuff, like try being crazy and you might end up crazy and everyone will go wooaaahh that's crazy, how did you do that? Learn your plugins and what they do and hear what's in the sound you have, it's all just frequencies over time. You know a bumblebee makes a reece right? I did that one once, but that's pretty obvious. Water drops tho, that sounds abstract, I haven't tried that one.

As long as it's something that has a pitch and not just noise, looping a short section, pitching it down to the bass range, highpassing and adding sub will get you started, from there onwards it's just the same as resampling a synth sound.

Thanks for posting the video Gloxxy, that's some pretty cool work by wilkinson... thats the sort of stuff i want to learn to do but with all sorts of sounds i record.
And thanks smoothassilk, im gonna give that one a try. Also Dysjoint, i'd never thought about it that way, the bumblebee part... haha! (also i hope you're finishing that wip i commented on, on your soundcloud a while back, it was sick hehe ;) )
Cheers lads

Back
Top Bottom