Any graphic designers out there?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist

I know there must be a few lurking! Basically I'm looking to start a t shirt business (funk) and am currently looking for designs. If you have any you would like to submit or want to give it a crack please hit me up, if your design is chosen to be printed you will receive £50. Designs must be at least 300 dpi in resolution, all designs considered.

Mucho amor!​

Last edited:

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
easy mr nu... i'm sure i got some old shit i could un-earth...even some new shit could be made... i will warn you though, t-shirt business is massively competitive! I tried my hand at 'cool' t-shirts for the Old Skool Ford market, hell of a lot harder than i had guessed! do your market research, know who you are selling too and where and for what price! A mate of mine from uni managed it successfully, it was his final year project that he took further but i took a lot of hard graft! He run it in house, so all design and stuff was his own, printing and t-shirts were totally bespoke (no fruit of the loom!) but his t's retail at like £25?

anyway, hope that helps and doesn't put you off!

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
Just getting back into it, what sort of stuff you lookin for? DNB related? or just anythin?
literally anything mate, 2 colour designs would be ideal for now as they will be cheaper to print

easy mr nu... i'm sure i got some old shit i could un-earth...even some new shit could be made... i will warn you though, t-shirt business is massively competitive! I tried my hand at 'cool' t-shirts for the Old Skool Ford market, hell of a lot harder than i had guessed! do your market research, know who you are selling too and where and for what price! A mate of mine from uni managed it successfully, it was his final year project that he took further but i took a lot of hard graft! He run it in house, so all design and stuff was his own, printing and t-shirts were totally bespoke (no fruit of the loom!) but his t's retail at like £25?

anyway, hope that helps and doesn't put you off!
thanks man, it certainly helps! i will be starting with fruit of the loom as it is cheap and my ta is teens so i will be pricing them at around £11.99 with free postage to begin with. if i can get enough interest i may look into getting some more high quality shirts but i don't want to raise the prices too much so they become less affordable.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
thanks man, it certainly helps! i will be starting with fruit of the loom as it is cheap and my ta is teens so i will be pricing them at around £11.99 with free postage to begin with. if i can get enough interest i may look into getting some more high quality shirts but i don't want to raise the prices too much so they become less affordable.
yeah, spot on man! I'll bust out some of me designs for ya... got a deadline?

**EDIT** ps. fruit of the loom t's are actually well good, got several of them!

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
my missus is one of 3 graphic designers for Brother Europe (who used to sponser Man City, they make printers and sewing machines n shit), she is pretty shit hot, i will have a word for ya...she if she fancies doin something fresh for ya.

wo88le

A Mockery of a Travesty
VIP Junglist
As i said before, same as chloe, very busy at the moment as just started uni. Um, it may seem a bit to serious, but what is your brand identity? Target market? etc. Any specific ideas you personally would want someone with more experience to create for you . Id much rather do something tht fits to your needs rather than making something that your just going to turn down, you know what i mean?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
As i said before, same as chloe, very busy at the moment as just started uni. Um, it may seem a bit to serious, but what is your brand identity? Target market? etc. Any specific ideas you personally would want someone with more experience to create for you . Id much rather do something tht fits to your needs rather than making something that your just going to turn down, you know what i mean?
Yeah man thats fine, I appreciate the interest big time! I guess by brand identity you mean the logo? If so, the logo is on the first page in my first post.

My primary TM is teenagers, I will be offering free postage and also regular discounts along with a "sell 20 tee's get £20" scheme. I do not only want to target teenagers however as I realise many younger and older boys/men could be interested.

I'm looking for the kind of Burton/Topman/River Island style to be brutally honest - this along with competetive prices and free postage is how I intend to sell.

If you want to discuss it further or anything add me on msn nutek@live.co.uk, It would be great to get a few designs off you in the future etc if you interested (if the brand gets large enough I will be offering much more for designs).

Ta, Justin.