Any good uni courses for production?

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
EZ people, been thinking about going to uni to do some music production/business courses anyone know of any good courses or would recommend anything? (also only really just started producing so would have to be very basic beginner courses if possible) thanks in advance for any help

Don't bother with a uni course for learning music production mate, you'll get yourself into loads of debt for something you can learn for free off the net.

If you really want to do a course tho, why not do a part time evening class at college? Thats what I did when I first starting producing and it was pretty helpful, and you can still work or whatever during the day.

was thinking about doing that mate but tbh kind of want the uni lifestyle aswell, been working since 17 and for the past 2 years been in a really stressful office job and its long having to put up with that shit while all my mates are having the time of their life at uni, always been against the idea of uni as well up until a few weeks agol but dont give a fuck about the debt anymore just want some good times haha, just a thought at the moment though to see how much they gonna charge and how easy it is to set it up and get on a course etc

Last edited:
If you really do want to do a uni course, I'd definitely suggest focussing on sound design or the engineering side of things (Learning how to develop plugins and other software.)

Courses fully focussing on production aren't the way to go imo.

EZ people, been thinking about going to uni to do some music production/business courses anyone know of any good courses or would recommend anything? (also only really just started producing so would have to be very basic beginner courses if possible) thanks in advance for any help

Digital Music as Southampton Solent looks good. Tried to get a course there a while ago but at the time hadn't started producing yet, they wanted me to send a few tunes to show i had the basics down so i didn't get in

Tbh mate from what I've read it not a degree you need...its a gap year working abroad and some YouTube tutorials (y)
Don't get into debt for the wrong reasons.

all the debt aside if you do a music course you will make producing into a chore and it will get annoying
if maths wasnt something i had to learn i mite of enjoyed it.lol

get what i'm saying

if you wanna go to uni, do something else instead of music production. it will only confine you to certain set of rules that DnB really isn't about

sure it will teach you some skills, but nothing you can't teach yourself with a bit of googling and experimentation.

you cant rely on making banging tunes as a career, you need something to fall back on, without settling for some boring as fuck desk job that will only bore you to shit, and hinder creativity

if you wanna go to uni, do something else instead of music production. it will only confine you to certain set of rules that DnB really isn't about

sure it will teach you some skills, but nothing you can't teach yourself with a bit of googling and experimentation.

you cant rely on making banging tunes as a career, you need something to fall back on, without settling for some boring as fuck desk job that will only bore you to shit, and hinder creativity

or create creativity
doesnt matter what you do who you are etc if you want to make tunes you can

- - - Updated - - -

or create creativity
doesnt matter what you do who you are etc if you want to make tunes you can

but if there embers breaks fuck off

Pointblank if you just want to make tunes. once u finnish college it's hard to internship in a studio.
study something else... as mentioned earlier, u cant base you career on making drops

Pretty much what every1 else has said; if you're taking production classes for the songwriting and EDM side of things you're better of with google'd pdf's and youtube tutorials.

If you're trying to learn the in-depth nuts and bolts of digital audio, analog audio, signal processing, programming, etc... then paid courses are a smarter choice. If you've got the cash Berklee has some pretty nice online classes for mixing & listening & acoustics and I believe they'll be adding the programming curriculum soon as well.

Tbh mate from what I've read it not a degree you need...its a gap year working abroad and some YouTube tutorials (y)
Don't get into debt for the wrong reasons.

^ this is what you need. Forget about Uni for a music production course. You will learn much more in this manner in a year than at any Uni in 3 yrs :)

thanks for the advice people, had a bit of a moment of madness at work yesterday too fucking stressed and needed a change and somehow figured getting in debt was the way to go haha

Back
Top Bottom