any good massivelike synth which doesnt need DAW and works even with a base keyboard?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Schizorabbit, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Schizorabbit

Schizorabbit New Member

what title says
    to be more detailed I'm looking for something with a huge amount of oscilators and envelopes

2. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Re: any good massivelike synth which doesnt need DAW and works even with a base keybo

Massive doesn't require a DAW lol; you can run it as a standalone application. If you want something with a huge amount of envelopes & oscillators, learn to use Puckette's PureData

Schizorabbit likes this.
  3. Schizorabbit

Schizorabbit New Member

Re: any good massivelike synth which doesnt need DAW and works even with a base keybo

thx, I'll definitely check it out
    I know it doesn't... it just got boring to me this is why I need something new

4. DNBA SUCKZ

DNBA SUCKZ I've been naughty, I'm banned

you can map midi ports using http://www.midiox.com/ which can be like rewire into everything that cant be rewired, and use a seperate desktop keyboard etc

Schizorabbit likes this.
  5. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

In terms of stupid numbers of oscillators, envelopes and LFOs, synthmaster has up to 32 oscillators,16 envelopes (8 normal, 4 X-Y and 4 custom) and 8 LFOs.
    I think that the FM and AM are a little limited though, you can only use two operators per oscillator.
    The 32 osc come as four groups of eight though, so you can't have different filter/FX on every one.
    I've managed to replicate every massive tutorial I wanted to on it, but it's not as user friendly as massive, so it's a bit more work.

Schizorabbit likes this.
  6. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

^^That thing looks crazy as fuck, but interesting. I'm assuming its strengths are FM and granular, right?