Any ex or current military on here (Royal Marines, Army)?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj Dirty Pimp, May 11, 2009.

1. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

enlisting for royal marines in a few months when i am fit enough.

ive seeen looads about the training, looking gruelling.

any tips/ advice?

2. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Thai Boxing. Known to be one of the best cardio and all round workouts you can do.

Best way to get fitter quick. At our club we often have ppl joining military or the services and looking to get fit enough. 2 months of 2 or 3 times a week and you'll see massive improvement in fitness.

3. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

im ex army was in for 3 years marine selection jus looks silly have to do nuff tabs and runs my advice would be if u wanna join marines start training wiv a burgan on ya bak paacked to bout 50lbs.

4. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

oh yer practice yer mile n a half runs coz i tink its either marines or paras who have to do it under 9mins 30 secs to get through selection.

5. safety

safety double safety

i'm a militant, but i'm not sure that counts

6. YOUNG TUNA

YOUNG TUNA IT'S ME BITCHES

I had my mandatory 6 months training in the Finnish woods, get used to punch yourself in the face all the time because you gonna hate yourself for enlisting.

7. Dj Dirty Pimp

tis the marines, you do a group mile and half in 12.30, then do the run back individually, has to be under 9.30 to pass! i dont it in 10 about 2 weeks ago, and i hadnt done cardio in year before that, so its looking good so far

and tuna, the services here are alot different from the Finnish, i doubt ill be kicking myself, im sure ill have a few break downs/ tears cos its going to be tough!

8. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

u wanna go to war then??
    fuck that think how much ull miss gettin wasted an mixin dnb an shit!lol

9. Dj Dirty Pimp

u dont nessasarily go to war, and theres plenty of drinking, and youll make some of the best friends in your life, see different countries and youll be at the peak of ur fitness, and you have achieved something special in ur life.

i get ya tho, there are negatives as well.

10. MARKLAR

fair enuff i was thinkin of joinin marines a wile back for the same reasons then i thought bout not bein able to mix an make tunes an stuff then i realised nah not for me!:D

11. Dj Dirty Pimp

yeh man i get ya, but im prioritising my life right now haha making my lil tunes on fruity loops seems a bit trivial atm, something ill proabably come back to in a few years.

12. MARKLAR

fair enuff,
    im goin music tech this year so tunes are gonna be all i do for a wile!lol

13. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

don't go in if you have a serious relationship
    a one night stand turned serious ting wrecked my time in basic training
    all the corporals n sergeants had marriage problems, relationships and the amount of time away on operations can propa cause a strain on marriage or relationships..best bein a playa n shaggin away many slags as you can, thats how life usually rolls in the army tbh

14. Dj Dirty Pimp

marines not army haha but yeh im aware of the strains it would put on my relationship. but im incredibly strong minded. And i dont wana live my life being like what if id joined the marines etc.

cheers for ur input tho lads. how long was training for the army?

its 32 weeks for marines, the longest of any armed force with the exclusion of the sas and sbs

15. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cVsJkr6yw&feature=PlayList&p=F2AB468E033F2AD2&index=0&playnext=1

did you watch? this on itv a while back? double click on it and watch the whole series its really good

A while back i applied for the navy, chose navy over army cos of family tradition, from the day i walked into the careers office and till i actually got to the H.M.S Raleigh took me 16 months

A couple of years prior to this i crushed my spine by landing badly jumping off a ledge almost paralysing myself by a few millimeters of my spine touching various nerves.

anyways i fully recovered and cos i work a physical job it kept my back healthy, when i was in the armed forces careers office i told them what previous injuries i had etc. had two medicals and passed me fit for basic training

So i eventually got to H.M.S Raleiegh and two days into my basic training you have jabs etc, general medical check, they picked up on my back injury and i said i had two medical checks at my careers office and i got the all clear.

The officer soon picked the phone made a phone call and said there has been changes in the rules of what previous injuries are allowed in the navy and mine was too severe, so within 2 hours i was booted out of the gates, there was a major mix up between what careers officers medical staff deemed fit and the actuall armed forces doctors deemed

was proper gutted at the time cos i spent overall 16 months waiting to get there and in a split second i was literally outside the gates with bags waiting for dad to pick me up.

Sorry dont mean to put a downer on it but that was my military experience and it wasnt very pleasant

by all means go for dude i have good freind in the army (some marines) and they love it, you seem to have the right attitude for it, dont bog yourself into turning yourself in he-man its all in the mind as long your fit healthy and have the attitude you will breeze through

if your butch with an ego they will tear you apart

16. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

i did 14 weeks at atr lichfield for royal engineers, was 2 weeks off passing out and i quit for a girl..silly shit..if it weren't for music i'd be back there now, but i've been chasin dreams for best part of 10 years so no goin back

17. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

My grandpa was in the army, won about 20 medals or somefin. since then everyone in the family gets blessed (with a sword tap) when I turn 18 i'll get one too.He died from it too. bless him...

18. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

my brother was in the marnies...training is so tough and your gonna need alot of support around you. personally i dont envy you one bit but the best of luck to you (y)

19. Gumby

Gumby New Member

:lol: that made me giggle

good luck man, you'll do great (y)

20. Dj Dirty Pimp

almost sounded nieve didnt it haha. no doubt id be sent to afganistan, but the marines are famous for their drinking games :)