Drum & Bass Any constructive criticism?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ifanmusic, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ifanmusic

ifanmusic Member

Here is a track I've just finished. I'm proud of it in some ways (I like the atmosphere and some of the sounds) but I can hear certain downfalls. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could improve.

Cheers guys

2. GeauxPatGeaux

GeauxPatGeaux New Member

Sounding good. A comment I would have is maybe bring the drums up in volume a little bit. The bass kind of drowns them out especially on the higher note.
    Also consider some drum breaks/cymbal crashes from time to time to add variety.
    Just some ideas! Keep it up!

ifanmusic likes this.
  3. ifanmusic

ifanmusic Member

Thanks for the reply, man. I'll take those into consideration and potentially do a re-edit - either that or take them in to consideration when I make my next song.

4. Virul

Virul Member

Hey, I feel like there's a good base, I really like your break actually. I think you should try to work more on the progression to improve your track, bring more hats in as the track advances or add a stab or something. Maybe try grabbing tracks from well-known producer and see how there track evolve, like how many bar do they take for an intro, when do they break, switch drums or anything like that. It personnaly helped me a lot to analyze what they're doing.
    The subs sounds lovely on my setup, although something seems to be clipping, not sure if that's intentionnal or not :)
    Good luck on your next one :)

5. ifanmusic

ifanmusic Member

Thanks for listening and replying, mate. I haven't heard any clipping - perhaps because I don't have as good a setup as you - but I'll try and turn the sub-bass down a little on future tracks, just in case. I'm working on a track at the moment and I'm putting a lot more effort in to making it evolve a little more interestingly - adding sounds in the background, cutting the break up and having variation in the beat etc. I'll bear everything you say in mind and thank you again.

6. momentuk

momentuk Member

The drums sound crisp, but could definitely do with being a lot louder! Maybe add a breakdown just to break up the repetitiveness a little!

7. ifanmusic

ifanmusic Member

Cool, cheers.

8. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Really like this. Drums are great. Bass drowns them out a bit but doesn't take away from the general roll of it.