any advice on getting into gigs?

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I'm 16, but the majority of events are 18+, so I was wondering, is there any way I can get them to let me in if they're strict on the door with id checks and whatnot?? I want to find out because I'm desperate to go to somewhere like Fabric one night.. :D

if your unlucky like me and look nowhere 18, dont even try getting into clubs, best bet is to go to UTR or Lets go Crazy 16+ events, they sound gay but they arent that bad :D the DJs dont change their sets to more mainstream shit either, Andy C @ Ministry of Sound smashed it. (Anyone else think the MoS sound system is complete shit though, "loudest in Europe" my arse)

from previous experience:

find an older mate that looks vaguely like you and borrow their ID

don't go there already steaming

don't turn up dead on start time, they'll be more hasty letting people in later when there's bigger queues and aren't as likely to check for ID

don't go with a bunch of mates who all look underage

adidas trackys and reebok classics are a giveaway

I can get you in.

You just need to answer a few questions for me 1st, then we'll arrange a meet.

- What size shoe do you take?
- How often do you shower?
- What colour are your eyes?

I have the same problem...
but i borrow my mates passport and it works everytime, it needs to looke similar and you need to memoirse every detail off it!

Jus go for it man, if you dont get in you dont get in. It happens

Used to travel bloody miles to go to events when i was only 16, if i would have got asked for ID thats me sitting in london / milton keynes for the rest of the night lol

I think you will find you will get in ok ;)

I dunno I've noticed places getting stricter as I've got older, I looked pretty young when I was 16/17 but I always had fake ID but didn't have to use it that much

pretty sure I get ID'd more now that I'm 19

unless maybe I'm shrinking :(

cattle-prod.jpg

Bouncers arnt going to argue with a cattle prod. Its got to work.

Stand very very close to the bouncers face. The closer you are to them the bigger you look. Try it with your finger. Stretch your arm out and look at your finger. It looks quite smaller. Now move your finger really close to your eye. Looks much bigger. Fool proof.

wait a few years.... or go back in time to when bouncers didnt give a shit and u could get in with one of them £10 off the net IDs

Personally I wouldn't get a fake, a lot of clubs now have ID scanners and most the doorman can spot fakes a mile off.

Just give it a go, if you borrow someone else's just make sure you know things like house number and postcode as they ask if they are suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom