ANY 1 KNOW OF A GOOD DJ SOFTWARE

When I'm too baked to be able to crack on with the vinyl I enjoy a dabble with VDJ. It's never crashed on me and is very simple to use. It's the Gary Neville of DJ software; ya know, it just does its job. It doesn't excel and doesn't mess up :)

i got VDJ last night after the recomendations in this thread, an tbh it isn't that bad.

actually kept me up an extra hour or so because I got into a little mix

mixmeister is the easiest to use program im not sure its free but not hard to find a download for it online somewhere!! get version 7 or something ul be mixing no time

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

VDJ works well with dubstep but it cant do dnb or hiphop well imo

VDJ works well with dubstep but it cant do dnb or hiphop well imo

as ashamed as i am to admit it my mixes on my soundcloud are with vdj. i will say though that i refuse to use the autocue button (blurgh) and i dont bother using the visual waveform to beatmatch. thats just cheating. i cant record from my decks as the cable to connect to my pc got skanked at a club and my needles are waaay too shocking to be recording with. roll on my bday for new ones so i can get recording :D

I use vinyl. But, I sometimes use Traktor Pro. Can't recommend it enough :)

Anyone bringing the clever retort of "GET DECKZ LOLLERS UR NOT A REAL DJ" can get in the fiery pit, you're not being useful.

Torq isn't that bad as long as you are using the timecodes, using a midi controller for the whole thing sounds shit - the EQ curve is far to sharp, but all is good if you've got the stuff to connect your own mixer. Currently testing Mixxx myself, it's not all the bad so far.

I think its just the likes of Dj Cammy and all that crap that gave Mixing software a bad name.

Personally i only like to use Serato Scratch live cos it to runs with my Rane mixer so can work with vinyl and mp3 on the fly.
Pressing beatmatch and play isnt the way to go when mixing.

Back
Top Bottom