Antidepressants - Anyone got experience with them?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mistasfx, Jan 15, 2013.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Basically i wanna know can they turn u into a cunt or can they make you even more depressed or do they even work?

My bird has been on them since October and shes totally changed and not for the good. Shes even more depressed than before, struggles to get out of bed, stopped going the gym and having emotional breakdowns.

Ive tried to explain to her shes changed and become a wary, defensive twat and its about time she comes off them coz they aint doing her any good.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

my ex bird was on em... she was better without imo.

that said, there is like a 3 month 'adjustment' phase with some of them, where you basically get worse before you get better, dunno if thats applicable?

3. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

In my experience, they only work for people with extreme mental conditions (psychosis, schizophrenia etc) & people that just want to get fucked up on them.

Then, when the latter is true, it can lead to scenarios as you just described, because really & truly, taking a whole bunch of anti-depressants & necking copius amounts of drink is a "fantastic" way of shutting yourself off from the world & your problems.

Unfortunately its the people around you don't tend to see it from the same perspective.

4. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

its cool to be schizophrenic these days.

bi-polar n all that jazz.

6. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

my mate tried to drive off a cliff when he started taking anti-depressants.. his car broke down. so he pushed it off the edge and went to the pub. his mum jumped off the same cliff... also. the lady i look after is a fucking nightmare to be around when shes on her anti-d's ...

7. Catsel

push her off the cliff

hyperd4eva and richie_stix like this.
  8. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

ive been on and off anti depressants and even anti psychotics for the last 9 years and they made me feel and look like a smack head

but they work for most people they dont work for me.

9. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Ive looked into it today and done a few interweb searches and most (inc experts) say they can make you worse by causing some reaction in the brain. A lot of people saying you just dont need them full stop and a lot of people actually believe theyre meant to sort all ur issues out when in fact they were designed just to give you an initial lift so u can do something about your issues. I also read the whole 'takes x amount of weeks to get into your system' is a myth.

The problem i have now is im telling her this but she wont listen but everytime she goes the doc's he just bumps her dosage up and she listens to just him. The doctor is a fanny who just wants rid of her by sounds of it. Surely he should know if shes going back complaining shes feeling WORSE, he would take her off them?

10. Catsel

another 9 years shud do the trick

11. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

12. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

yeah shes doing that as well.

I wanted her just to do the counselling and avoid chemical fakes but she listened to the doc.

She's basically a fucking nightmare at the moment. I cant suggest ANYTHING without her turning into something its not. Not the same girl i met thats fo'sho

13. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

then you just have to support her choices.

14. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

yeah and that results in me calling her a twat and to give her head a wobble

15. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

I'll say it again http://www.amazon.com/UltraMind-Solution-Depression-Overcome-Anxiety/dp/1416549722

Have her check out that book, if her system are getting fucked with because of her diet, no highly-questionable chemical is going to fix it, and it will only serve to make things worse. Have her continue some therapy, without the fucking drugs (she should tell her therapist they aren't working, then get a new therapist) and stick to some dietary changes, and if that doesn't work THEN CONSIDER the psychopharmacological option. That's literally a word, and it's scary, scary words never help.

16. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

doctors don't give people anti depressants with good reason...so she must have something that she's telling the doctor that she doesn't feel comfortable telling anyone else.
    just give her time and support.

17. djad

djad leo the lion

Taken them since i was 15 so over half my life. Kill your sex drive for a while and make you trip out badly but they do work. Talking to someone is always a good thing. Some people think of it as being weak to have to get someone to help you out but you soon bounce back.
    Altho I went to this place and the questionaire asked (and this is real!!) "If you were going to kill yourself how would you do it"? at which point I turned round and said "Ive come here to avoid killing myself, Its not something I really want to discuss!". - Got up and walked out.
    Anyway they are the lesser of 2 evils.

18. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Been on lithium for dissociative disorders and it made me feel normal, a tad unresponsive to emotion, a bit selfish (just because I was happy and didn't connect with sad people as much), and I could think more clearly

19. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Anti-depressants depend upon the individual. It seems like they aren't working here

Counselling & good support

20. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I went through a bad patch a few years ago and was recommended them. I really try to avoid taking anything unnatural or in pill form even though of done MDMA, which is a bit contradictory.

Even if I'm ill I just try and firm it and eat lots of fruit.

I'm quite backwards when it comes to life. I'm always looking for the more difficult option to try and push myself, which is a bit weird.