Ant Miles & Boneshaker - Hustler / Number Game - ADMM38

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Ray Rampage, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Ray Rampage

Ray Rampage Active Member

[​IMG]

Following on from the debut LP ' Visitations ' on Liftin Spirit last year, Ant Miles returns alongside Boneshaker with the next chapter ' Hustler ' and ' Numbers Game ' . Previous releases include dance floor slammers ' Solstice ' & ' Hypnotic Reflex ' as well as ' Ruthless ' and ' Watch the Skies ' released on Sudden Def.

HUSTLER

The world's already been introduced to this track by the legend Andy C, who recently featured it on Ram Records hugely successful ' Nightlife4 ' LP.

The emphasis with this track is simple... a hard-hitting arrangement and solid production techniques. After the cinematic intro and the sledgehammer bass-lined drop Hustler has been destroying dance floors all over. This tune has a pounding bass-line morphing its way throughout, twisting up filters and distortion, with the rhythm of the phrases changing almost at random; utilising all the latest software gadgets and techniques. The singular menacing synthline compliments the precision-tooled beats, which together set up the sinister gangster vocals.

NUMBERS GAME

Being the opposite to ' Hustler ' this track has everything. The countdown vocal leads us to a full-blown killer! Its off beat rhythms are awash with modulating bass-lines and FX. With its roots heavily focused on the hardcore-junglist style of old. The result was a blending of minds between Ant and Boneshaker.

Audio Previews can be checked via Ant Miles MySpace Here / Boneshakers MySpace Here

Or Stream or download the below clips

Ant Miles & Boneshaker - Hustler
    Ant Miles & Boneshaker - Number Game

If you owe a site and would be happy to put a Liftin Spirits banner up please right cliick and download the banner here

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

big big big tune o_O

audio for Number Game doesnt work for me?

3. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

Big ups Ray for the info, big tune!

4. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

picked this up last week. really liking it. i mean, i liked it before i got it, but it's grown on me the mor ei play it. quite a mature track, if that makes sense.

wicked tings (y)

5. Ant's a legend and a really nice bloke but i was dissappointed with this tune...

I like the bass patches he created but that's about it on this one.

I think with the amount of talent that's around at the moment he needs to come out of the dark ages a bit....i say that with the upmost respect because i have every single Ram release to date and some of his early Ram stuff has blown me away.

6. Critical12

Critical12 No ! I cant WAIT!

on beat port now

7. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

Def agree with this! The sounds are pretty rude but beats not all that great really!

Sounded good on Nightlife 4 cos of the mix!

8. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive