Another work in progress. dark again

Maybe strip the beeps down a bit, and segway them into the break? Build the breakdown around the beeps to the 2nd drop?

Nice bassline you have going so far, rolling!

Bass sounds nice. Beeps sound fine to me. It is the kicks that sounding bad. A bit too much of a deep kick push the kick high a bit more. I know it still is a WIP but I thought I still tell you. Overall great vibe and keep on working on it. :)

cheers for the feedback guys. think ill push the beeps back 2 bars.

Menonsance, do you think the kick lacks high end then? i was pretty happy with the kick :/

Maybe too long for an intro.. At 1:07, the track is overdue to lift off, but only the bleeps appear, conveying uncertainty about the further progress..
So I'd introduce the bleeps earlier and then continue with the build-up straightforward.

Maybe too long for an intro.. At 1:07, the track is overdue to lift off, but only the bleeps appear, conveying uncertainty about the further progress..
So I'd introduce the bleeps earlier and then continue with the build-up straightforward.
Agreed. For this kind of track the intro should be a little shorter, maybe trim it down to around the 0:50-0:55 second mark and then set up for the drop (if there is one) and then get the track going proper. In fact the bit around 0:47 would be a good point to start cutting the intro down and bringing the track in full imo.

I do like it quite a bit tho. There's a nice controlled energy to it so far and nothing seems jarringly out of place. Can't wait to hear the finished version.

cheers for the insight guys, the drop is at 22 seconds lol. maybe theres not enough emphasis on that, the beeps were going to be a bar just before the drop progresses. ill have a play around and add more

the way you layer percussion & hats is so amazing, wish i could do it that well, really struggling with it. very big tune man, reckon you should send it out when it's finished

Have you made some changes already? I'm sure this is sounding better than the other day, or maybe I'm just in a different mood lol. Drums are pretty sweet. I like the beeps when they come in.

Sounding better bud; I don't know if you have a pad chord loop or sequence worked out for it yet, but maybe that could serve as an introductory intermission about after where this preview ends, w/ the obvious transitions of course. Then bringing the beat in again or something along those lines.

It'd be good for a bit more variety, but it's only one dude's opinion. Keep it up :)

<Sigh> Sometimes I really do regret signing up via Facebook; if anyone can help me change my username that'd be cool. My real name just isn't producer-cool xD.

Speaking on the track, I didn't quite notice or appreciate the percussive work going on here until now. I think w/e melodic chords you're putting in, they could be patterned somewhat off the percussion elements, not every track needs big sweeping pads xD. Percussion is one of my big snafus @tm; I know there are tricks to it but for the time being it'll just be down to trial and error.

cheers for the feedback guys, percussion just comes with trial and error man, one thing might sound wank on its own, but with a few others it can work. keep trying!

ive added some more fx and percussion bits to this now, any more feedback would be great. not sure weather to strip the breakdown down completely with a no-drums section or just keep the beats rolling. any input would be great!

Back
Top Bottom