Another Song feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by duckstep, Aug 9, 2012.

1. duckstep

duckstep Member

As per usual any feedback is appreciated, even harsh one. Cheers.

2. troublemakers

troublemakers Origins Unknown

Is there is a reason why you got the shuffle panned all the way to left? and lmao at bubs from The Wire!!

3. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Listening on headphones I can't hear anything panned all the way left man

Yeah not a bad tune man :) Perhaps work on the mixdown a bit? The bass seems a touch loud but the mixdown isn't awful by any means! Cool sounds you used

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Interesting track, Quite nice really! The bass certainly needs some surgical EQing on the low mids to allow the percussion to come through along with some sidechaining from the kick/snare. I really like the vocal sample, perhaps you could have a pause for maybe half a bar, after the statement about holding on to grief, before you dive into the main section. The pause could end with a reverse crash or kick to lead into the drop for more impact.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  5. duckstep

duckstep Member

Updated op with slightly updated version.

Thanks for the feedback and tips.

Lowered volume of bass and opened up the snare frequence so it could get through better. Also added a quick white noise sweep followed by 2 fast kicks and a reversed cymbal pre drop.

The shuffle was steroized but moved it to center now and left rest of break/hihats steroized, i could give the breaks a bit more mixdown to make them stand out more but i think it sounds allright as it is now, you can hear they are there but its more of a background element.

Only thing that feels ass now is when i look at the spectrum as the song play and 0-300 hz is higher than the remaining. Even if i increase/decrease to make up for it it doesnt sound very good :(

6. droesler

droesler New Member

Your drums need some velocity changes, the snare sounds fake as it is. Also work on the percussion- the high hats and whatnot are lacking in shuffle (probably more velocity changes and just cutting a few hits out here and there). Maybe layer a high-passed drum loop over the top to give it more interest. Also use some filter modulation on that mid bass its flat as a pancake atm.

7. duckstep

duckstep Member

How do you mean the snare sounds fake, mind specifing so i can improve? I'll have a look at the velocity thanks.

8. nusphere

nusphere Member

The pause could be longer still. It sound a bit rushed atm.

9. troublemakers

troublemakers Origins Unknown

I agree, you got your kick punching through, i like the natural snare...