Another Neuro Work in Progress. Looking for some advice from the neuro guys!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DjCartel, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

Been working on another new one. think this ones a bit better than the last. would love to hear what people think, if it has potential and how youd progress it. got a bit of writers block! Theres no intro as of yet]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

;(
    I can't listen.
    SC it's shit on my end... Can't stream it! Il check when available

3. Nekruj

Nekruj Member

Wicked baseline here.
    But more the fx the more twsted it will sound. Try panning the base ,pitching it and maybe even give it little touch of chours (buy atomating the dry/wet).

But really sick track here mate.
    As in my neuro attmet we both lack of elements i see. :)
    Big ups

4. DjCartel

nice one man. will try and cram some effects in now! gonna keep track of yours as it progresses too

5. DjCartel

Nice one man, listen when you can, your feedbacks always appreciated and helpfull

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Sounding good so far! I'd personally fill the gaps between the basses with more sounds to make it more busy and layering the hi-hats with some crashes also fills it out quite nicely. Liking your reese sounds they sound real good, but as nekruj said it could do with some more modulation.

Good luck with making it into a full thingy!

DjCartel likes this.
  7. DjCartel

ive added some more cymbals and hats on the version on my pc. sounding a bit better. need to fill the gaps as you say! cheers for the feedback man

8. MrMush

MrMush Member

i like the bass that your comin up with.. and the drums are beauty to my ears.. also im listening on laptop speakers

9. DjCartel

updated version. anyone got any ideas for changing the bass up a bit?

10. Fortisimo

Fortisimo Member

Nice man, really feeling this one. The bass modulations do a really nice job of fitting the groove. The only thing I would say is they seem to be lacking a bit of body, if you know what I mean. Maybe in the sub region, although maybe it is actually more between the drums and the midrange... it's hard for me to say. But it is coming along very nicely; you've written a nice track here man. :2thumbs:

DjCartel likes this.
  11. DjCartel

cheers for the feedback man. i think your right, theres a few midrange areas that need filling out. not sure how though, been messing around with effects and not having much luck! hopefully ill have it in me to finish it haha

12. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

Top class bass work my friend!
    Of corse it's a work in progress but it definitely wants another layer of sounds in the background to act as a kind of bed.
    Would love to hear a really neat intro with loads of stuff going on as well- its hard to judge a track before the intro is written because you want to push for the perfect climactic build.
    Nice work though - out of interest what are you using for your bass synthesis or is it sampled?

13. DjCartel

nice one man. i agree with the bed of sounds idea. just hard to get it going with the track! as for the bass. its a mixture if samples and synthesis. used some bits from tge blockhead pack, quite a lot of chopping up re-arranging and a lot of effects added. then i use truaty massive for some of the other sounds, again with a lot of after effects. the sub is massive too, just a standard sub i use on most of my tunes.

ive been listening to a lot of btk recently and noticed he samples alot. has opened my eyes to using tiby bits from packs opposed to whole soubds!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  14. Fortisimo

Fortisimo Member

You might could is distortion to beefed up the bass sounds. A light touch of the mechanical.distortion in Camelphat plus a touch of compression could help. Alternatively you could take you r subs and modify it a bit; set an oscillation to saw or square or something like that with some nice harmonics. Then turn that oscillation.up to where it is audible but relatively quiet compared to the sine. Then you can distort the whole thing a little (in Massive Id consider using the feedback a little bit for this). Now.you will have to go back in and make some filter envelopes for this new sub/midrange combo to blend it in. However in my experience this kind of technique works well.for filling out a weak lowmid range. Id just try it on a bar or two first and see if it is working for you. Hope this helps.

15. DjCartel

cheers man, will deffinaetly give this a go! been working on the intro tonight so ill have to try it out tomorrow thus to not piss of the neighbours. i guess that would spice the sub up a little! cheers again man

16. Fortisimo

Fortisimo Member

Yeah, the idea here is that with a pure sine tone you've got just one thin band going on in the sub region, then there's drums in the 100-200 Hz or so range, then somewhere above that starts the midrange bass sounds. Sometimes the band that carries the midrange basses starts a bit too high though so you need to fill out the gap between the drums and the mid range with something (and maybe even between the sub and the drums). So, you throw in a saw wave in the low end that sprinkle harmonics through the whole region. It might be a good idea to put a high shelf filter on at the band where your midrange bass starts and drop the volume of that region a bit on the new sub. Also, as a disclaimer, it might be necessary to scoop out the frequency around your drums or do some sidechaining to keep it from fighting with your kicks. I look forward to hearing how it turns out!

17. DjCartel

18. specter

specter Member

Sounds really good, very clean mix. :)
    I would like it if the melody that you have in your intro/build up would reoccur. You could try using some bits of it during the main bassline and maybe fill some gaps with it. And after that you could let it develop a bit more.

19. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

nice, nice tune. i personally would not fill the gaps in the bass, i really like how the tune has like a hundred little mini drops. just keep messing with it a bit, but I gotta say I think this one is real close. solid mixdown, fun bass line, heavy drums? check. check. check.

20. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

I like that, I don't know the lingo to tell you exactly what i liked and didn't unfortunately, but I reckon there should be a bit more variation if that's helpful.