Another "How to get that Sound" Q...

Discussion in 'Production' started by ChestOr, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ChestOr

ChestOr Member

That Sub sounds sooo sick on my Soundsystem...
    Just really nice Vibes on the Woofer and the "Pressure" comes out of the Monitors... (€: Sorry, just everything comes out of the Subwoofer, (listened to it closer, now))

When i try to copy that Subsound, i always fail hard.

It seems that i can't get low enough with my Sine Waves to get that nice Vibrations and that i can't get high enogh the same time in the mid-lows, to get that pressure.
    It just crackles, it's fucked up and its not even close being that loud as it is there.
    When I check the Spectrummeter, everything seems to be right, except of the sound...just don't get it.

€: Kama...help me plox:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. spung3

spung3 Member

Erm. Well I put a sin wave in massive through a lowpass filter and tweaked the cutoff so it was somewhere in the low 100s and then fiddles with the resonance and if you get that at just the right spot it works.

3. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

try using two or three sines, then eq-ing, low passing (and add some resonance like said above), or band passing (which ever sounds better), compression then maximization/limiting, "unison" effect if you have it.

I had a period where i couldn't even concentrate on making whole songs; i just got good at programing my synths/digital instruments, it definitely payed off.

Don't forget to have fun while doing it.