another 'how do i...' thread

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
how do i get that awesome sound that was distinctive of Distorted Minds circa the midle of the last decade?

I am aware that a lot of distortion is involved, but short of that i haven't really come close to this? the one synth i would love to be able to re-create?

cheers people!

and to the smarty pants out there, don't bother telling me to 'inovate, don't imatate' or something, cos i don't give a shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
no, but i have heard good tings about it, best look into it then?! what and where are these b-complex patches found then me old mucka?

thanks_graphics_06.gif

the really distinctive thing here is the subbass which is very audible (has some peaks in almost the middle range), is what makes it so good to the ear.
the bass is made by putting any "weak" reese (low octave wave + low volume high octave wave) and by putting >some< fuzzy distortion and boosting the mid and high mids.

That's what I've got by ear.

EDIT: Here's the try... I'm not a jump up producer so if you're into this music, you'll get further away from where I got.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ax0whk

Last edited:
the really distinctive thing here is the subbass which is very audible (has some peaks in almost the middle range), is what makes it so good to the ear.
the bass is made by putting any "weak" reese (low octave wave + low volume high octave wave) and by putting >some< fuzzy distortion and boosting the mid and high mids.

That's what I've got by ear.

sounds good... i'll have a little tinkle with this later!

Back
Top Bottom