another how can i make thread

dnbsoldier87

can anyone tell me roughly how i would go about making a similar lead/bass to that in this tune? is it a bass noise or would it be classified as a lead? i love the aggressive squelchy sort of sound and am looking to make something similar, having trouble getting what i would call a decent aggressive jump up'y sound, everything i make sounds empty. Im using fruity loops btw and massive vst, but arent great at using it yet, loads to learn! Any help/tips would be appreciated.
Safe

(edit) forgot the link....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4dt6x_zT8&feature=related

Last edited:
i love this kind of threads actually, it's always fun to figure out the sounds.
And this time, gotta say i've already heard that sound before on the samples I have, and it's a VERY low pitched synth (sawtooths and square, don't over use sawtooths, or you won't have the desired "crackly" effect), then automate the filter to sound it like wob, add distortion AFTER the filter.
Try it

hehe im still trying to figure out most stuff wen it comes to production. So a low pitched synth (sawtooth and square) i could use 2 OSC's from the fruity 3xOCS thing? make 1 saw and one square wave, then play it on a low note + filter etc?
and thanks btw

hehe im still trying to figure out most stuff wen it comes to production. So a low pitched synth (sawtooth and square) i could use 2 OSC's from the fruity 3xOCS thing? make 1 saw and one square wave, then play it on a low note + filter etc?
and thanks btw

haven't tried yet what told you, but i'm gonna try... just experiment with different waves at very low rates and envelope filter.
Just noticed it has some FM going on ;)

Last edited:
just ad a listen to that wobs.mp3 u made, soundin nice. What did u use to make that? What do you mean about the envelope filter and FM? im still very much at the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to production

Back
Top Bottom