Another EQ Question

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
Should there only be one dominant snare at all times? Are there times when both trebles can be up? When swaping out treble should they both be done at the same time or one then the other?

I tend to have it so you can only hear one songs drum beat at anyone time if you can hear 2 different drum beats it sounds too kaotic

usually i slowly bring the one channel fader up into the mix with little to no bass, as the beat mixes in i would eq down the treble and mids on the other track accordingly, then when the bass picks up switch it. it all depends on the tunes your using of course.

usually i slowly bring the one channel fader up into the mix with little to no bass, as the beat mixes in i would eq down the treble and mids on the other track accordingly, then when the bass picks up switch it. it all depends on the tunes your using of course.

What about hiding the treble and mids @ like 9-11 O' Clock and then switching them out on the last couple bars? Sometimes I just want a little bit more of a subtle bring in.

I tend to have it so you can only hear one songs drum beat at anyone time if you can hear 2 different drum beats it sounds too kaotic

I think sometimes it really works to have it Kaotic, depends what you're mixing of course. I like doing that and just bringing down the bass on one of the track.

I think it's learning curve, experiment and find out what sounds best for your mixes.

Back
Top Bottom