Another dreamy liquid track almost done. Feedback needed :)

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
Hey guys!

Almost finished this badboyyyyyy.

hhttps://soundcloud.com/sortedseizure/sorted-seizure-turn-on-the-night-v1/s-EsfYN

Link is private so if you paste it in your browser it'll work (delete one 'h' from the hhttps =p

Feedback would be really appreciated on this one!

Thanks!
Ruben

Sounds wicked to me. Tune is rolling along very nicely. Drums could do with a bit of thickening up overall (personal taste) but the bassline sounds strong on my headphones.

Being ultra critical ....

0:50 - The open hat/cymbal sounds unnaturally short and gets a bit cut off. The one at 0:55 seems to play out fully so I think this is just down to you chopping the breaks. Possibly switch out this hit for another part?

3:34 - Loving the vocal sample (DC i think?) but the word "Had" seems to be rushed (might be this way in the original) and is followed by a little pop at this moment.

Edit: Just listened to the original track and the word "had" is a bit artifically emphasised . Might be tempted to chop this word out completely or go a bit Todd Edwards and stick any random word in this gap to make it smoother.

The overall mix seems pretty balanced to me. What track are you referencing against out of interest?

Really nice and please don't take the above as critism (what do I know anyway!) as I think this could be great when finished. Be more than happy to take delivery of an mp3 when your done ;)

Last edited:
hello. i love your track! very well produced. here to my feedback:

- Bassline- sounding well (low end at my place sucks to judge..) >> cannot say, need to test on proper speakers.
- drums -> all good? >> very nice, clear and shiny, sounds all good to me.
- vocal sample- not too repetitive? >> not too loopy to me but sounds a bit too quiet, maybe you can EQ it up a bit?
- mixdown in general- ok? >> all fine to my ears, all flows well and sits comfy.

nice dreamy tune, mate! :)

Sounds wicked to me. Tune is rolling along very nicely. Drums could do with a bit of thickening up overall (personal taste) but the bassline sounds strong on my headphones.

Being ultra critical ....

0:50 - The open hat/cymbal sounds unnaturally short and gets a bit cut off. The one at 0:55 seems to play out fully so I think this is just down to you chopping the breaks. Possibly switch out this hit for another part?

3:34 - Loving the vocal sample (DC i think?) but the word "Had" seems to be rushed (might be this way in the original) and is followed by a little pop at this moment.

Edit: Just listened to the original track and the word "had" is a bit artifically emphasised . Might be tempted to chop this word out completely or go a bit Todd Edwards and stick any random word in this gap to make it smoother.

The overall mix seems pretty balanced to me. What track are you referencing against out of interest?

Really nice and please don't take the above as critism (what do I know anyway!) as I think this could be great when finished. Be more than happy to take delivery of an mp3 when your done ;)

Thanks for the feedback! yeah 0.50, that shorter open hat is every 2 bars, and at 55 sec its just the same but layered with a crash aswell which comes very 4 bars lol :p
Vocal sample, can't really remember where its from, i think from a lana del ray track but not 100% sure i could be wrong.

And i'm not really using a reference track for mixdowns, but the track in general is heavy influenced by technimatic tracks :)

Send me your details in pm, i'll send you the master when its done (and if it's not forthcoming directly)

Ruben

Back
Top Bottom