Another Computer help thread :)

Textbook

BUTTER
VIP Junglist
Right, i know there are tons of threads on this but i wanted my own :)

At the moment, i only have around 250, but soon ill have around 500 to spend. I was preferably looking to investing in a laptop, as id perfer for it to be accessible where ever im going too.

i wont be using it for anything other than Music production. (no internet, or storage necessary, altho future internet will be needed)

What kind of specs do i need to run a Copy of reason & other such programs, with no problems what so ever, n what price range would i be looking at?

are there certain makes' i should avoid?

if anyone could recommend a laptop for around 500 that is gonna do me justice, would be very appreciative!

also any other tips welcome :)

Sorry search button.

Last edited:
i just spotted a dell in town for 499, it has 4 gb ram. im not sure what the processor is, but it must be alright. think the hard drive is 320 gb.

pretty sure this was the one.

£499.97

* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400
* (2 GHz, 800 MHz, 2 MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
* 4 GB Memory
* 320 GB Hard Drive
* DVD RW Optical Drive
* 15.6" Widescreen display
* Intel Graphics Card Type
* Wireless enabled, webcam
* Up to 2 Hours battery life

i dont know crap about specs?

yeah i dont really wanna change to a mac, been working with windows since i started comps.

ill get around to mac at some point though once ive given reason and other programs a thrashing though.

pretty sure this was the one.

£499.97

* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400
* (2 GHz, 800 MHz, 2 MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
* 4 GB Memory
* 320 GB Hard Drive
* DVD RW Optical Drive
* 15.6" Widescreen display
* Intel Graphics Card Type
* Wireless enabled, webcam
* Up to 2 Hours battery life

i dont know crap about specs?

I have a lap with almoust exacly the same specs, and it runs great.

yeah i think im set on getting that one. unless i can get my mate at the computer shop to build me one from scratch.

Its definately cheaper i'd say not to build your own. It's generally a bad idea to try and save money on all the bits that u think u don't need to spend money on because they are usually the bits that end up fucking everything. Also its a hassle. And defiantely don't get a mac - for the moeny u can get a pc thats much better.

For me the dell looks good - i'd prefer a bigger screen when doing music production but thats the only thing i'd say.

hmmm good point i didnt even think of the screen coming into it. i will have a browse around for similar specs and do some research into what im buying.

i dont think i want to go through the hassle of building either, as im too impatient.

Back
Top Bottom