Another bullshit C&S refix.

its a kool sound, mixdown and EQ needs allot of attention, you've got allot of over-compression going on in the bassline because of it, get your spectral analyzer out to see whats going on (guess, big spikes 100-130hz & 190-220), boost the midrange to bring out the detail, and check all the rez spikes that crossover with your kick, you should then be able to use allot less compression to get the bass fat, check from 180-600hz for muddying resonance spikes in all your bass & synths, once that bass is tamed you should be able to bring everything up in the mix, all the interesting stuff will come out nicely

ps. more sidechain! :D

^^ some good advice there i tell ya...i learnt something there myself
very interesting remix, deffo one of the most original...

Thanks guys, yeah the mixdown is crap. Was going to go for the really left field kinda bluegrass hoedown but that never happened so just tried to slap this together in the last couple of days. Mixdown isn't my strongest thing anyway, especially not in a hurry lol.

Good advice miszt, I do neglect side-chaining a bit. Kick was hitting from 60 across to 100 hz, real flabby, and loads of other clashes but I've been a bit lazy and time is up now. Gonna focus on that side of things more next time.

Back
Top Bottom