annoying...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by djad, Aug 7, 2011.

1. djad

djad leo the lion

Is it just me or is there a super massive surge of ppl with clipboards these days? Dont get me wrong i give to 2 charitys that i think deserve some of my spare change every month but i dont wanna be approached constantly.

The worst one is when i walk past and they try to get my attention so i just smile and say im not interested then have to walk back past them and they try again!!

Ive got to the point where i pretend to be on the phone or when they say excuse me i just say sorry i dont smoke and walk off.. Still makes me feel slightly guilty tho..

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

I'm usual quite generous as far as charity goes, if I've got a couple quid just lying about then I will just give to a chugger (charity mugger). And I've brought a few big issues before, I reccomend it, it's actually quite a good read.

But what pisses me off about charities, is the constant stream of TV adverts, as if they feel the need to guilt trip you into being charitable. I mean ffs, if people want to donate they should do it out of general kindness, not because they feel the need to.

3. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I had Help For Heroes stop me 3 days in a row at lunch, mind i'm covered in shit, with my work boots/hi-vis on, clearly on lunch & trying to make my body language express i'm really not interested for many, many reasons...

Now on the 3rd day, matey gives it:

"Ah look come on mate, theres more important things going on in the world that your lunch you know..."

My response with serious look: "Mate, you REALLY don't want to have this conversation with me, but seen as you've taken it upon yourself to interrupt me & try & guilt trip me, I will take the time out now to tell you I am not interested in supporting Help For Heroes, because I don't support the Government they signed up to taking us into a War based on a succession of lies & greed, so for me anybody who gets their legs blown off on the order of a bunch of mugs looking to control oil & drug supplies is not a Hero, they're an idiot, so if you want to come back next week & re-name your cause & collect for Help For Idiots I will gladly donate my big toenail clippings for the year - Thanks for your time today mate"

:2thumbs:

4. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

thats not brool moskit. i have only bad things to say about governments and people in the forces who are on some sort of murdering gun power trip. but most of the people i know in the british forces are good people, with good judgement on thier actions.

on the subject of people with clipboards, i used to try and get into a conversation with them about any random shit, except thier charity. "sorry im not intrested in what your selling, but don't you think the trees are looking nice today?"

5. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I know its not brool or a common opinion, but its mine, I know too many squaddies that are cocky, arrogant idiots same as I know some that are in it as a job, its only the very minority I know personally that are in it for any patriotic or moral reason whatsoever...

I know its not going to be a popular opinion & my sympathies go out to anybody who has been injured/killed & their families, but I still stand by my comments.

6. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

immature people given guns is never a good idea.

7. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

It's the ones selling paintball that annoy me most. They're everywhere and it's a complete scam.. even if you get free tickets you'd have to spend at least £50 on the day.

And the guys selling it are all Aussies.. what gives?

8. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Yeah... paintball people fuck me RIGHT off.

I got cornered by one of the people trying to "Give Water to Africa." Now dont get me wrong, very respectable charity trying to help the Africa situation but it realy fucks me off that he tried to guilt trip me into giving £2 a week. That's still £8 a month and in turn £96 a year that as a student, I just DO NOT have spare. So I said to him that I was really poor at the moment so I couldnt afford to put myself on the plan.

He then asked me in the most cuntish, patronising voice "I'm sorry... Do you eat every day? Do you have clean, running water to drink?" After being polite and conversational up till now, it was at this point I snapped and said, "The reason I have running water is because I live in England where that isnt a problem. I still have to pay for it myself and simply dont have the money to pay for someone else's as well. As much as I'd like to help out I don't have the money at the moment so fuck off."

I wouldn't have minded him asking me but cornering me and then guilt tripping me and then talking to me like I'm some kind of cunt really really fucked me off.

(Oh yeah... for anyone that looks quite young... just say that you're under 18 and they cant ask you for anything. Works for me most of the time!)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. Gumby

Gumby New Member

as i walk past i either tell them that i'm under 18 (cos they cant sign kids up) or i that im gay. just to confuse them.

one time i asked one for directions,
    and once i had them hold my things while i tied my shoe lace.

10. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i usually have headphones in so just walk right past lookin the other way
    but if i do get caught just say in a rush an walk off if they follow tell them to fuck off dont usually follow tho.lol

11. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Moskit makes a valid point Castel. We dont have conscription so it's your choice to be used for political ends or not.

As regards chuggers it's the Police that issue them permits so if you have 6 or 7 of them in the one spot it's probably coz back at the station they're pissing themselves at how many they can issue before anything's said. Not the most accountable of organisations.

12. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

One of my mates got a job doing this. This mate is about the most socially retarded person I have ever met, he wants to be friends with everyone but is incredibly intrusive and I just generally get embarrassed being out with him because he accost someone in the street, ask where they are going and then invite himself.

so anyway he figures this job is the best thing that ever happened to him and his perfect job as he just gets to talk to randomers all day. Cue the first week of him doing it, and then getting fired before the weeks end. He says because he couldn't make any sales, I suspect partly because people complained because he was too creepy.

brool i know