annoying argument with a gay hardcore dj =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
i
some dance twat on another forum posted a thread saying bassline music like dnb for instace is predictable......... :

i see their point.. that is one thing you cant argue with..a lot of drum n bass follows a very predictabel format... i know a lot of people who are now bored with this and have got more into dubstep, hip hop, breaks etc wher the tunes are slightly less formuliac and in their opion are more creative.

I fee the same and whilst i am not slagging off anyone here, a lot of the jump up stuff around at the minute has be cringing. But i alos know this appeals to a lot of people and is nesersary to keep the scene ticking over....

But yeah..they are right a lot of dnb is very very predictable!

Trance is gay,Trance DJ's are gay, Trance fans are Gay.
Hence why God invented AIDS.

hahaha so true!!! I met this trance chick.(she probably had aids) And all she talked about was her trance crap. She just did my head in till i told her to fuck off.
she Didnt even know what dnb was. But she pretended to know, i dunno if any one else has had this before when someone is pretending to like the same music and they say...."yeah i like drums and bass too" its obvious they've never even heard of it. i dunno how someone couldnt know what dnb is these days.

its gona sound sad but its really pissed me off! lol

im havin' an argument with this gay trance/hardcore dj, basically he rekons tiesto is a BETTER dj (in term of technical skill) than andy c and ratty. He also said, that dance Djs are more skillfull, and, have avaliable to them more tricks than.............wait for it.................HIP-HOP djs............:shake:

if that wasn't bad enough he went on to say that i made up terms such as teasing and beat juggling even though i provided old hip-hop material where those terms were used.

He also said trance djs beat juggle and tease (which, tbh, they may do, im not actually too sure! although im pretty certain they dont!)

he said, hardcore and trance djs on average mix incoming tune for about 4 mins................. dont get me wrong, they probably could, but they dont because it would sound shit, oh, he also said that when he mixes he likes to 'scratch the incoming track in for about 3 or 4 mins then switch it........... hmmmmmmmmm :uberlaugh

i realize how sad this makes me look but it really did piss me off. He was so arrogant, apparently he was signed to evolution or sumthin and been a prof. dj for a few years. Annoying thing is, everyone agreed with him coz they were all trance fans and knew fuck all about dj'in =/

RANT OVER :D
In my opinion Drum and Bass is definitely one of the more challenging music genre's to mix as it's made at 174 or 175 bpm generally and is full of different break layers and drum arrangements which if slighty out when in the mix sound pony! Everyone's going to have their say about the music they are in to and think it's better so it's probably an 'agree to disagree' type situation, dude.

Just to add to my last post....
4 minute mix!!!!! Fucking hell, i'd be asleep!
In 4 mins i could get a drink at the bar, have a shit and go for a smoke after....That's just sheer laziness! lol
It's all about keeping the crowd up and on a high...therefore 32 bars in the mix is fine, then get the next tune in asap...
When Andy C plays he is sweating like a dog because he's putting 110% into his performance - not standing around scratching his arse waiting for his 4 minute mix to end! Ha!

whenever i am unlucky enough to listen to hardcore it just sounds like they get a tune matched and just slam the crossfader over...they dont mix it for a prolonged period of time at all

drum n bass changed so much hardcore's all the same i admit i cn listen to it up to about 20 minutes and then it does my fuckin head innn!!
then i switch on to drum n bass mayb sum andy c..or friction and ahhhh blisss sumting worth listenin too!!

not slating anyone but most electronic music is easy to mix imo as it all has perfect timing, you want a challenge?? try mixing old skool funk & soul 45's ;)

FFS - some of you guys need to get your DnB heads from out of your arses!

Everyone has their taste and everyone is welcome to like what they like without 'twats' ridiculing them.

I love Hardcore from '91 to end of '95 and those years encompassed Hardcore/Rave through to everything we have now and I enjoyed all of it. Why? Because I have the ability to appreciate 'Hardcore' in all it's forms.

Regarding what is the easiest to mix, well, that depends on your abilities as a DJ and whether you like the music you are playing. I prefer '95 Happy Hardcore and I find you can mix it 'piss easily' with the broken beats, 4/4 going on and the synth breaks, but I also found it very easy to mix Jungle and DnB as the structure, although varied, was quite conjusive to mad mixing.

For myself, I think Ratty was the 'God', but Lipmaster Mark was also fairly good - when he could be arsed! Lomas was pretty nifty aswell and obviously Carl Cox. Brisk is renowned for playing one track over the other for maybe 1 minute, but that is the extent of his abilities.

The shite that is played now by 'Hardcore' Dj's is speed up commercial music and it's structure does not lend to anything other than 'blending'. Just like 'Trance', it's all boring fading of one tune to the next, but hey, that is my opinion!

That is my 'rant' over....

jump up mixing is pretty easy, i just freestyle when i goto my mates.
i dont know some of the tracks atall but i can mix them because jump up is formulaic.

i fin mixing limewax, counterstrike ect harder and more entertaining to mix

FFS - some of you guys need to get your DnB heads from out of your arses!

Everyone has their taste and everyone is welcome to like what they like without 'twats' ridiculing them.

I love Hardcore from '91 to end of '95 and those years encompassed Hardcore/Rave through to everything we have now and I enjoyed all of it. Why? Because I have the ability to appreciate 'Hardcore' in all it's forms.

Regarding what is the easiest to mix, well, that depends on your abilities as a DJ and whether you like the music you are playing. I prefer '95 Happy Hardcore and I find you can mix it 'piss easily' with the broken beats, 4/4 going on and the synth breaks, but I also found it very easy to mix Jungle and DnB as the structure, although varied, was quite conjusive to mad mixing.

For myself, I think Ratty was the 'God', but Lipmaster Mark was also fairly good - when he could be arsed! Lomas was pretty nifty aswell and obviously Carl Cox. Brisk is renowned for playing one track over the other for maybe 1 minute, but that is the extent of his abilities.

The shite that is played now by 'Hardcore' Dj's is speed up commercial music and it's structure does not lend to anything other than 'blending'. Just like 'Trance', it's all boring fading of one tune to the next, but hey, that is my opinion!

That is my 'rant' over....

What the fuck was the point in posting in this thread the last post was more than half a year ago :ban:

Hardcore sucks, that is all.

Slow monotonus bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom