annoying argument with a gay hardcore dj =/

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Dj SmurFiE, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dj SmurFiE

Dj SmurFiE Tha Muffin men crew

its gona sound sad but its really pissed me off! lol

im havin' an argument with this gay trance/hardcore dj, basically he rekons tiesto is a BETTER dj (in term of technical skill) than andy c and ratty. He also said, that dance Djs are more skillfull, and, have avaliable to them more tricks than.............wait for it.................HIP-HOP djs............:shake:

if that wasn't bad enough he went on to say that i made up terms such as teasing and beat juggling even though i provided old hip-hop material where those terms were used.

He also said trance djs beat juggle and tease (which, tbh, they may do, im not actually too sure! although im pretty certain they dont!)

he said, hardcore and trance djs on average mix incoming tune for about 4 mins................. dont get me wrong, they probably could, but they dont because it would sound shit, oh, he also said that when he mixes he likes to 'scratch the incoming track in for about 3 or 4 mins then switch it........... hmmmmmmmmm :uberlaugh

i realize how sad this makes me look but it really did piss me off. He was so arrogant, apparently he was signed to evolution or sumthin and been a prof. dj for a few years. Annoying thing is, everyone agreed with him coz they were all trance fans and knew fuck all about dj'in =/

RANT OVER :D

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Man, there is no point in arguing over shit like that.

Just smile & walk away.

Or if you want to say something, just say: "So mixing a 4/4 is more difficult than mixing a chopped amen into a differently chopped amen?"

And if you want the best mixing djs, then they are not going to be dnb djs but freaks like hiphop scratch meisters or ghettotech players who have to deal with 150 bpm into 90 bpm over 4/4 into breakbeats and a bassline (considering a Technics only goes +/- 8 ) without huge intros and outros, not 160 into 180 with a breakbeat and bassline and a slight intro and outro and breakdown.

Trance and house 130-140 over a 4/4 over 5 mins with a huge breakdown without a bassline is so shit easy that I can do it with my monitor and phones off. Especially since all the tracks are made dj friendly... long intros and long outros, flanging and 8 or 16 bars of the same shit without a change. Disclaimer the faster dnb is, the easier it is to mix and some tracks by some producers can be mixed without headphones...

You might as well argue that dnb is better than trance. They are not going to listen.

I learnt my shit on gt and hiphop and I'm still traumatised. My first gig was playing Dj Assault mixed with Snoop Dogg... Every time I hear a crap 4/4 dj I feel nothing but pity.

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  3. Syrinx

Syrinx Syrinx

I think that trance and other 4/4 music tends to be the "gateway drug" for electronic music lovers... they start there, naive and glow-stick infested, untill they mature, when they realize broken beats are the only way to go.

So don't hate, just know that in a couple years they will grow into the mighty massive you can be proud of. Or they will drown in Vaporub. Either way, don't worry.

4. El Prophet

El Prophet Member

i dont exactly hate dance music but what i really hate about it is it'll go into a break and start building up and ya sittin there about 2 mins expecting it to drop and does it fuck no you have to go throughh another couple of build ups

4/4 sound shoudn't be slated completely even dnb producers sorta emmulate it like hazards ready 4 this

some dance twat on another forum posted a thread saying bassline music like dnb for instace is predictable......... uh was the first time you heard suddenly there was a change predictable nooo

so to all those twats who cant accept that there music is gone and forgotten:finger: :finger: :finger:

5. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

scott browns label :slayer:

6. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

In terms of beat matching Happy Hardcore or techno are probably harder to mix, cos its harder top tell which one is going out. But as I own no haooy hardcore and was only joking when i tried ( can't belive I am admitting this) but I have ALWAYS hated Happy Hardcore, because it samples my favourites then adds a ton of prozac and e to teh mix...grrrrrrr.:confused:

7. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

If ya catch any one of my mixes either live or recorded, tracks do not play over the 2 minute margin. And guys like Jay Walker make me look like an amature. And guys like Andy C & Friction make Jay Walkers look like amatures. WTF!!!!

:jerkit:

8. Dj SmurFiE

dont get what you're saying m8....................

you callin' me a wanker? :confused:

9. mesh

mesh Active Member

he's agreeing with you man.
    as do I.
    :rowley:

10. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Just click the Ignore button.

11. ThomW

ThomW Southsea In Full Effect

Thing with hardcore is it doesn't matter how it's mixed... It's still fucking shit.

12. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

the guy is blatantly lying. sounds like he was skied off his face talking bout you making up (!!) terms like beatjuggling and teasing.

13. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

ROFL :uberlaugh cheers for that deadaelus, im completley amature next to Randy & Fricx - my tune selection pisses all over them to be fair tho :D

I used to mix happy hardcore way back when, an if you can mix that well, you can mix anything - FACT! :pat:

14. edwardsruss

edwardsruss Member

regardless of the tunes you're spinning - mixing records into each other is hardly rocket science is it.

15. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    most droll sir.
    seriously though, its art. cant measure it empirically, true but it can be worth more to the individual than any rocketscience.

16. edwardsruss

edwardsruss Member

imo its all about the tunes you play anyway :D

17. Dj SmurFiE

just though id update you on the current situation (god im sounding sad, but its really getting on my tits). Anyway, here's some of my fav. quotes:

'Yeah, i would actually. I'm fairly confident that the most' high-profile and talented dance DJs (house/trance) in the industry can do pretty much anything a hip-hop DJ can do... and more.

'Breakbeat is 2/4, but I didn't think you'd know that. So,' as proved, all Dance does not have 4/4.

i know some dance music has 5 beats to a bar, but defo not two. Think maybe hes talking about the broken beat, well i hope so anyway! btw, this is the supposed proff. dj,who also thinks i made up the term bass/kick drum.

18. ThomW

ThomW Southsea In Full Effect

The man's obviously done too many drugs and his brain has melted. :drunk: Allow it.

19. Critical

Critical Member

thread over :D

20. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.