Annie Mac at DNB Awards09 Tune ID

Listened to a bit of this the other day, one of the most pathetic mixing performances ive ever heard, truly AWFUL.

Bet she's pretty expensive to book as well..!

Why play a dubstep track as your last tune, at the drum and bass awards

The close association between dubstep and drum and bass these days confuses me

I dont think its the best set in the world but has some great diverse tunes and fearless hosts very nicely. Thanks for the ID

i think you guys don't like the fact that she isn't a tru dj (ie turntablist) but at the end of the day she plays wicked assed tunes and its thanks to her and her drive for dance music in general the the scene is as big as it is nowadays.

i think you guys don't like the fact that she isn't a tru dj (ie turntablist) but at the end of the day she plays wicked assed tunes and its thanks to her and her drive for dance music in general the the scene is as big as it is nowadays.

ok, so explain to me what Annie Mac has done to make D'n'B the scene it is today?, and while your at it convince me that A, she'd get booked anywhere if she wasn't on radio 1, and B if she was a man with the presenting/dj skills she has she would still have a radio 1 show!!!!!!

ok, so explain to me what Annie Mac has done to make D'n'B the scene it is today?, and while your at it convince me that A, she'd get booked anywhere if she wasn't on radio 1, and B if she was a man with the presenting/dj skills she has she would still have a radio 1 show!!!!!!

i agree her mixing was terrible.

but what has she done? quite alot really, not many people on radio1 with an ecletic show would play dnb on their show. she does, shes helped promote dnb alot by infusing it within her peak time shows.

so yeh it may not seem like she has done much for dnb, as she hasnt been at the forefront, but she has always sneaked it in her shows

Back
Top Bottom