Andy C's worse set?

Evening all

I wasn't aware, there was such a thing, as a bad set from Mr. Andrew Clarke?? Seen him at AWOL on Saturday and the guy was as good as ever. Teasing the crowd with tiny snippets, digging deep in his crate of tunes. Didn't play purely Ram classics either. If anyone was there that night, I would hope they would agree, his was one of the better sets of the night.

Funnily enough. GQ wasn't booked. Must be the first time EVER, he ain't done an AWOL night. He was at Fabric with Andy C the night b4??? Just seems strange, without him. He used to be realllllly good back in the day, but I think his vioce is not what it used to be and his lyrics are now getting dated. Having said that, he is part of our music's history and has to be respected, IMHO!!

Regarding Mickey Finn's set....................................

Last edited:
yes he is not one me faves but hes good

GQ's the Master,the most professional out of the whole lot.

Haha, i agree completely. I hate listening to Andy C sets with GQ. The same goes for SP MC over Friction. Hate his voice.:-x

You don't like two of the best MC's,who's your favourite then?

of the night.

Funnily enough. GQ wasn't booked. Must be the first time EVER, he ain't done an AWOL night. He was at Fabric with Andy C the night b4??? Just seems strange, without him. He used to be realllllly good back in the day, but I think his vioce is not what it used to be and his lyrics are now getting dated. Having said that, he is part of our music's history and has to be respected, IMHO!!

Regarding Mickey Finn's set....................................

Might have been booked overseas mate.

And how was Mickeys set then?

IMO Andy C doesn't do bad sets, but obviously some are more amazing than others - saw him at Alchemy at MOS and it was good, but not life changing...

The next month saw him at Ram at the end, now that was life changing!

GQ is the master of the mic, always has been and always will be amazing, I love that he plays with Andy C so much as I love both their styles so complimant each other really well...

GQ is the master of the mic, always has been and always will be amazing, I love that he plays with Andy C so much as I love both their styles so complimant each other really well...

Thats the fucking :word:

Yor opinion to me comes across in a way that i don't agree with.

GQ is one of,if not the best,MC's around.He knows when to shut up,never chats over a mix or vocals,reads the crowd and hypes them up when they need it.
His influence on nights like A.W.O.L. & World Dance made him an integral part of those promotions and i've not seen or heard another MC who has that influence up to this day.

GQ is as big a legend as Andy C.....all day long. That's why Andy chooses to tour with him and have him on his sets most of the time.
GQ is the original.

GQ and Andy make a wicekd pair ... GQ is one of the few MC's i actually rate .. yeah he doesnt do that super fast chat crap.. (to me that stuff sound shorrible).. but hes there to hype which is at its all about....

Andy is a great DJ.. its sucha typical gay forum thing to do.. lets go find some sets where Andy fucked a mix on.. heheheheheheh...

Who give s flying fuck.. get out more!

Last edited:
You don't like two of the best MC's,who's your favourite then?

lol..

Innit... SP and GQ represent few of the actual good and professional MC's in the scene.. add Dynamite, Jakes and Stamina to that list and quite frankly you can ditch the rest and I'd be happy...

On a bit of a tangent here.. but I hate it when peopel go on about MC's chats like they are hip; hop MC's or grime MC's... they arent. If they want to do that in my opinion they should fuck off to those other scenes. I couldnt care less what lyrics the MC chats ....just hype the crowd.. keep them going ... dont show off, have presence.. thats all you are their for... chatting really really fast over the music is just annoying and i dont know a single DJ who likes it. yeah we have been here many times before.. but the fact is i got into dnb cos of the music not cos of people in caps rhyming words really fast.

Last edited:
Lack of links = Andy is still the king by a long way

:respekt:
Agreed, I figured it was intersting as a thread cos it would have been funny to hear a stack up bedroom dj mix from the don of (mainstream) DnB

Whatever you think of his styles you cannot detract from his success being down to skill and dedication ( and his earlier stuff was badass)

Nice to see alittle fire on eth forum again , someone make an itchy statement there Mr G. LOl you tell em we gwan show dem how original junglist run...you think it ruff now ha ha]:sixty_nin

Back
Top Bottom