Andy C

Nicky Grime

Neurofunk Soul Brotha
You guys seem to talk about this guy like he's god, but I have one complaint. I borrowed his nightlife 3 cd from a buddy of mine, and jeez! This dude doesn't even give a track a few minutes time before hes onto the the next track! I know its part of mixing, but I think it's nice to at least hear a majority of the song.

While I'm at it, Evol Intent's mix on that human project cd, way too short also. I mean I'd expect it more from them cuz they're chop up editing masters, but still, i wanna hear the songs in the mix.

Joys? Concerns? Thoughts?

I understand what your saying dude but different DJz have different styles you know.
Hazard is a bit like that aswell but thats why i love him.
I prefere djz who mix it up real quick, keeps it interesting imo.

i'm not sure that's entirely accurate....
he keeps each song in the mix for ageeeeeeeesssss. and then he switches plates and it's BOSH straight in again. so you're actually getting more value for your time.

yeh andy c is sick, the fact he has a tune in and locked half a phrase (at times) and generally owns it.

You guys seem to talk about this guy like he's god, but I have one complaint. I borrowed his nightlife 3 cd from a buddy of mine, and jeez! This dude doesn't even give a track a few minutes time before hes onto the the next track! I know its part of mixing, but I think it's nice to at least hear a majority of the song.
LOL - You know how many ppl wanna get their tunes on NL m8? Fuckin more lobbyists than Washington! What's it gonna have 10 tunes? NL4 will set a new record I'm sure! :gslayer:

listening to an andy c cd n seeing him live is a whole different ball game. what he does live is so so so much better than his nightlife cds. in his nightlife cds he hasnt done any teases n he also keeps it quite smooth n doesn't flick around with the basslines like he does when he's live. go see him live n u'l c what the fuss is about. if u can get to somewhere with a good sound system all the better, recommend fabric or the end to c him, he always rocks it there.

While I'm at it, Evol Intent's mix on that human project cd, way too short also. I mean I'd expect it more from them cuz they're chop up editing masters, but still, i wanna hear the songs in the mix.

Joys? Concerns? Thoughts?

sounds like u know jack shit about mixing.

anyway i tink andy c in terms of mixing is g.o.at in the dnb scene but his tune selection of l8te is complete and utter cheese filled bollocks.

yeah andy is a god, prob only hype n roni can come close to what he's done for the scene

the more tunes the better, and i love DJs who tease!

and if u wanna hear the whole tune, buy it!

You really have to see him live to understand what all the fuss is about, and I don't even mean listen to some live sets, you just have to be there buddy...

These DJ's at the top have so many tunes to play in a sets, there just isnt enough time in an hour to get them all on. Hence the quick mixing. Imagine turning up to a night with about 70 tunes no-one has heard before that you want everyone to hear there and then.

You really have to see him live to understand what all the fuss is about, and I don't even mean listen to some live sets, you just have to be there buddy...

ditto ... Andy c has been my fav DJ to see for a while now. Ram records is the night to see him if u wana see what all the fuss is about. i went to see his 4 hour set at the end recently literally peering over the dj booth the whole time. in my opinion watching him play with a mixer is the most inspiring DJing u can see throughout the whole drum n bass scene

I bet people who think his track selection is crap only listen to sets from One nations and Random Crapcets. Listen to a long set of Andy's and he will take you on a journey like no other.

People talk about him like he's a god because he is that good. No-one gets close. Friction is good, Mampi can do some good stuff but no one is close to the executioner.

Back
Top Bottom